• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good advice or not??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdsaint3

my system has limited capabilites for overclocking. ecs k7vta3 v3 .. only set the cpu speed a bit higher thats it.. my friend advised me to edit the memory setup in bios.. asked me to set the
latency to 2.. but my memory stick does not work in that scenario... my memory is kingmax ddr333 256mb . so what he said was just to adjust the dram clock to 166.... and the dram command rate to 1t command.. is this a good advice?? will my cpu heat up fasteR?? sorry newbie here.... thnks.. any suggestions?? he also suggested i overclock my vid card..is that advisable.. i want conservative and safe overclocking.. :) thnks again

Your memory is not stable at cas 2? You should have it set to 166 mhz(PC2700), because this tweaking is with your memory, your cpu should not be affected or get any hotter.

yes its at 166 .. pc wont work when its on cas2.. question..was the advice re: changing the dram command from 2t to 1t work?? what are the advantages of this thks...

Changing the DRAM command rate from 2t to 1t will make your ram run faster so yes it was good advice.:)

thnks..do i edit some of the specs in the ddram settings? or do i leave the rest at default?

The Definitive BIOS Optimization Guide

This will tell you everything you want to know about BIOS tweaking, which includes RAM.

Good luck, I'm about to embark down the same road tommorow if FedEx doesn't send my Corsair XMS PC3200 512mb chip to the wrong hub again. :mad:

Rick

Back