• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung PC2700 512MB users, fall in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

Would like to ask those users whose RAM are around 180MHz... What's your latency settings at? And RAM voltage?

I had mine there for a while, now it's at 195...i run turbo timings on 8k3a and 2.8v

I have a 512Mb stick running @ 150fsb (3:4) DDR400 but had to lower the timing to 2.5-3-6-3 to get stable.

It is the newer DTL, not CTL. The CTL is said to be better overclocker.

Hi there...
I've cheked now my dimms and I found out that they are GENERIC Ram with Samsung Chipsets, so Im ****ed off with the shop because they clearly told me "These are SAMSUNG memories" when they where actually "GENERIC memories with samsung chipsets". Now, I dont now if the difference in performance is that great because I could easily go and get my money back (I could threat with sueing because what they did is actually lying to a customer) but I dont want to waste my time and fight with these guys for just a tiny increase in performance..
Is the difference between generic samsung and samsung original that great?

running at 150fsb at 4:5 setting (350-358mhz) and loving life on a SIS 645dx Ultra Chipset !!!

Average around 2800mb/sec !!!!

Compressing MPEG video right now...will report back timings once it's done but I can't complain..

Jason

I'm running mine at 200. Cas2, all other settings I really haven't messed with yet, so they are at 3-6-3 & Normal speeds. The ram's at 2.6v. I built this system a couple days ago and haven't had a chance to play with it entirely. :D

Worth mentioning is the fact that this ram isn't 'original' samsung. I could be wrong, but would original samsung ram have "made in USA" on the PCB? The model number ending on the ram chip is D-TCB3, and afaik the D stands for DTL.

Back