• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg discontinues Samie 256?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow!
What a price increase..
The last time I checked it was 72 bux...
That's weird, I looked on their site and there wasn't any 256. Maybe they were changing the price....

Thanks for the link..

Last edited:
As you can see the Model # for that Samsung 256mb stick is Model#: M368L3223C/DTL-CB3. It says DTL , but they used to have CTL chips which i heard were a lot better at oc'ing. It seems they discontinued CTL version and started selling the DTL.

Yes they have gone back and worth between seperating the stock of CTL and DTL to now again putting them together... And god forbid if they sent me freakin DTL for the 3rd time i ordered CTL.... I'll be one ****ed som biatch. Looks as though maybe they wont carry the CTL again.. Plus i wouldnt cound on getting CTL if ya ordered the C/DTL stuff... Theres a chance but i doubt it.

Ya i tried to warn everyone to order that stuff when they had CTL a day to 2 ago.. 72 bucks was the cheapest and best stuff they had.. Now ya gona have to either buy the DTL and get stuck at 170-175 FSB or buy the corsiar 3200 for that outragous price... or hold out for cheaper prices if that ever happends this summer. Wierd ya see a hyke in mem prices in the summer.. It alwasy went up in the winter cuase thats when most people i guess sat and played with there computer heheh.

Anyhoo... Man if they send me DTL again... man.. i'm gona be really ****ed more then ever cause i was gona buy the 3200 stick of 512 Corsair that night but seen teh oppertunity for CTL samsung... so i couldnt miss that... Though i could of bought the damn corsair 3200 for 187 bucks...now its 230 bucks... man... Thats a huge freakin incress.. and i'll get stuck buying it cause i dont have any other memory to hold off with.

KnownKiller said:
Yes they have gone back and worth between seperating the stock of CTL and DTL to now again putting them together... And god forbid if they sent me freakin DTL for the 3rd time i ordered CTL.... I'll be one ****ed som biatch. Looks as though maybe they wont carry the CTL again.. Plus i wouldnt cound on getting CTL if ya ordered the C/DTL stuff... Theres a chance but i doubt it.

Ya i tried to warn everyone to order that stuff when they had CTL a day to 2 ago.. 72 bucks was the cheapest and best stuff they had.. Now ya gona have to either buy the DTL and get stuck at 170-175 FSB or buy the corsiar 3200 for that outragous price... or hold out for cheaper prices if that ever happends this summer. Wierd ya see a hyke in mem prices in the summer.. It alwasy went up in the winter cuase thats when most people i guess sat and played with there computer heheh.

Anyhoo... Man if they send me DTL again... man.. i'm gona be really ****ed more then ever cause i was gona buy the 3200 stick of 512 Corsair that night but seen teh oppertunity for CTL samsung... so i couldnt miss that... Though i could of bought the damn corsair 3200 for 187 bucks...now its 230 bucks... man... Thats a huge freakin incress.. and i'll get stuck buying it cause i dont have any other memory to hold off with.

I know what you mean. I ordered another ctl stick when they seperated it and guess what I got ? DTL the ******** so I decided I was not going to even take the chance again. So if you do order ctl from Newegg.com you might as well expect to get dtl. I have heard of it happening to too many people.

It's also stupid when they offer volume discount with a 5 limit. The DTL is the only bad experience with them though.

Bort said:
It's also stupid when they offer volume discount with a 5 limit. The DTL is the only bad experience with them though.

It is my only bad experience with them too. I would still recomend Newegg.com. About the volume discount they might waive the 5 limit if you order in volume.

Well you guessed it... They sent me 4 damn sticks of DTL 256MB PC2700 when i ordered the damn CTL! THose mother-f'ers are gona here about it in the morning forsure!

I want satisfaction!! They better do something to fix this damn prob this time besides "Oh we will pay the shipping for the return" bullcrap!

I want them to atleast send me 2 512 sticks of samsung original 2700 CTL sicne there site says they have both... yeah shaw RIGHT they do... Prob the reason why the past 2 times they stuck me with the DTL when i called them they wouldnt hand pick me CTL for the exchange...even though some people said that newegg did... yeah right again.

So if they wont hand pick me CTL (Since this is the third TIME I ORDERED CTL AND THEY SENT ME THE WRONG THING WITH THE DAMN DTL MODEL!) then they can hook me up with 2 sticks of Corsair 512 XMS 3200 that i wanted and was going to buy for 187 a piece, when i bought the damn 4 sticks of 256 samsung.

You think that would fly????? I already had my fiance talk to the manager or someone pretending to be the manager of newegg last time this happend and she said he was rude and non helpfull... If i talk to him this time he WILL hang up the phone forsure cause i'll rip him a new A hole! THough i doubt my heart could take it...

Since the past what 2 months now i've been trying to get a good stick of ram with Newegg.com i havn't had a good night sleep and i'm constapated<--spelling 24/7 worring if there gona send me the right crap... Man i'm smelling law suit for pain and suffering over this... hell thats not even half of it since all of this and they wont freakin cross ship me the exchange i've gone days without a computer plus tie up a ton of cash buying and waiting for the refund and buying again without getting the refund before... All of this because of damn newegg not bothering to give me what they advertized!

Damnit.. ****... I mean yeah there the best i guess cause of there freakin fast shipping and ok prices but hehe who knows if they will ship ya the right item ya ordered!

man you would think this would alarm them some what and fix the prob after all the agravation i have gone through. They should reinburse me for the shpping both ways and cross ship me the exchange! Though i wont have the cash to pay for it cause they just got the last return the same day i got these sticks meaning last night. So it will take them like a week to throw the cash in the bank so i can order some ram... Though by then i bet ya an arm and leg that corsiar will be freakin 250+ for the 512 stick...

Man... If i only had something cheap to get buy on i would tell newegg to suck an real egg and just use that ram.... I normally wouldnt pay threw the arm for a stick of ram that was just 60 dollors cheaper not even 3 days ago... son of a...

eah thats what i hope they do is give me the damn old price on the corsair that it was the night i put the order in for the samsung. 187 for 512 is high but alot better then 230+... I mean hell i'm not gona pay 460+ bucks for 2 sticks of 512 when i just bought a gig for 300 (4x256)....

Oh yeah... DONT TELL ME TO CHILL OUT!... You know you would be ****ed as well if they advertised the ram from hell for 72 bucks a piece 3 times now and not even have it in stock!

All I will say is that it is not worth the agravation to keep trying AFAIK they do not have anymore CTL which is why when mine came DTL I just sent it back and did not try again. I think it is a problem of there right hand not knowing what there left hand has in there inventory. I am sorry that it is continually happening to you and maybe you can get some satisfaction yelling at a manager but what is that really going to solve you will still not have CTL in your hands. Seriously if they will not hand pick do you really think they seperated there stock:rolleyes: I am stilla little ****ed that they made a point to seperate ctl and dtl on there site and sent me dtl. Keep us informed about what they do when you talk to them. I am not a person to Down a company for One transgresion(sp?) but how they handle it is of interest to me since I have been such a Newegg.com supporter. Good Luck!

Well all they did for the past 2 times it happend when they had the stock seperated from CTL-DTL all they would do is give me an RMA... Once they elected to eat the shipping cost back but only if i faxed them a copy of the reciept shooing the cost of the shipping.

I know what ya mean man.. I loved newegg as well. There great for shipping and returns... cant argue there.. Just wish they would have some better people skills when ya call them with a prob.

KnownKiller said:
Well all they did for the past 2 times it happend when they had the stock seperated from CTL-DTL all they would do is give me an RMA... Once they elected to eat the shipping cost back but only if i faxed them a copy of the reciept shooing the cost of the shipping.

I know what ya mean man.. I loved newegg as well. There great for shipping and returns... cant argue there.. Just wish they would have some better people skills when ya call them with a prob.

just never deal with the first guy that answers the phone. That is something I learned a while back and I am glad I did, it has saved me a lot of grief. They refunded my shipping all ways too. but I did not have to fax them anything. they said I had to but when I called asking what address to send it to the guy asked how much and credited me on the spot and told me not to worry about sending it in:D I still have it just in case. Good Luck when you call tomorow but like I said I think they are all out of ctl. I could be wrong but it does not look like it.

Kendan said:

just never deal with the first guy that answers the phone. That is something I learned a while back and I am glad I did, it has saved me a lot of grief. They refunded my shipping all ways too. but I did not have to fax them anything. they said I had to but when I called asking what address to send it to the guy asked how much and credited me on the spot and told me not to worry about sending it in:D I still have it just in case. Good Luck when you call tomorow but like I said I think they are all out of ctl. I could be wrong but it does not look like it.

Cool... thanks for the help... yeah i'll try that with not talking to the first guy that answers the phone... BTW what did ya say to them to get someone else on the line? Did ya just ask right off the bat for the manager or something??

Yeah i know what ya mean about them not having that CTL stick... I wouldnt doubt if they ever had them in.

Back