• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new egg.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

badgers

I am making a big order from newegg.com for a new system.
I was wondering if newegg has any memory worth getting for a system targeting 166mhz FSB at FASTEST timmings.
I would rather have 166 with fast timmings then 200 with slowest timmings.

I bought OCZ 3200 stuff and it sucks. I have realized that I am not a good judge of memory deals.

also, is the heat spreader a trick to cover up chip model numbers?

thank you for your time and have a good day
PS(for an XP chip suggest a motherboard that has the dividers to hit that FSB. My Gigabyte 7VRXP kind of sucks that way)

corsair XMS memory is good stuff, I'd be curious to find out how pepoples samsung PC2700 has been doing for them....Mine (googlegear.com) is frickin awesome 200+FSB turbo timings.

I have the Corsair XMS3000 DDR and it's great stuff. I'm running it at 200 fsb right now. Of course it will easily get you to 166 fsb because its rated for 183 fsb cas2. You should be able to use the fastest timings at 166 fsb as well.

my xms3200 will do 200fsb 2-2-2-2

samsung CTL that i used to have would do the same thing but you needed more voltage to do so

Last edited:
Emericana said:
my xms3000 will do 200fsb 2-2-2-2

samsung CTL that i used to have would do the same thing but you needed more voltage to do so

What????? Yours will do 2-2-2??? How much voltage are giving it? Is that with the Command rate at 1? I have you tried with the vdimm at upto 3v and it just won't do 2-2-2 at 200 fsb. BTW did you burn it in or anything?

oh sorry i cant believe i put xms 3000 i have xms 3200 ram and that is at 2.8v it will do that fsb. it is 2t command rate also. this stuff wont do above 180fsb for me at 1t. i think that is a mobo prob not ram tho.

the 3200 ram is real good. at relaxed timings it will do a whopping 220fsb. however i cant run windows at that speed cause of my hdd. however it past 9 hours of mem tester at that speed

Wow, that is good ram. There were a few people with the XMS 3200 who couldn't do 2-2-2 at 200 but I guess you got a good stick. :D

ATC9001 said:
corsair XMS memory is good stuff, I'd be curious to find out how pepoples samsung PC2700 has been doing for them....Mine (googlegear.com) is frickin awesome 200+FSB turbo timings.
i just bought a stick of that for 165.00 the other day and it should be here by friday. :)
and the great thig is i ordered it a like 5 a.m. in the morning yesterday. and then they raised the price about 5 hours later to 179.00! lol! shwew! got it just in time :)

Back