• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W00t!! Finally reached 99.900 percentile!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CONGRATULATIONS! Big milestone indeed. what's your seti name?

Last edited:
Now it gets even slower. I've watched the .90-.97 percentile creep up over the course of nearly a year.

Percentiles and Rankings

I was looking at the top 1000 seti@home users.
Our team only has Benz4140 at #779 with tc soon to join.
The cutoff was 28,764 when i looked.
TC has 25,861 so a little under 3k units how many weeks you think TC?

Well Congrats

Re: Percentiles and Rankings

keldin said:
I was looking at the top 1000 seti@home users.
Our team only has Benz4140 at #779 with tc soon to join.
The cutoff was 28,764 when i looked.
TC has 25,861 so a little under 3k units how many weeks you think TC?

Well Congrats
Right now my production is about 60 per day, so I can add 3000 in about 50 days, but by that time the cut off mark for top 1000 will be even higher. I have really been watching to see how quickly it changes, but even at this rate my rank out of 1000 barely moves 1 or 2 a week so it's going to be a loooong time.

Re: Re: Percentiles and Rankings

TC said:
Right now my production is about 60 per day, so I can add 3000 in about 50 days, but by that time the cut off mark for top 1000 will be even higher. I have really been watching to see how quickly it changes, but even at this rate my rank out of 1000 barely moves 1 or 2 a week so it's going to be a loooong time.

Won't be long if you added some rigs. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Re: Re: Re: Percentiles and Rankings

Yodums said:

Won't be long if you added some rigs. *wink wink nudge nudge*
With the way my finances are right now I may be selling everything I've got.

Thanks, gang. I'm not concerned about the slow move from here. It was fun to see that odometer roll over. Hopefully, I'll be counting by overall rank pretty soon.:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Percentiles and Rankings

TC said:
With the way my finances are right now I may be selling everything I've got.

Bah I'm sure you'll be fine just may take sometime to recover :/

Best of luck.

Greg M said:
Thanks, gang. I'm not concerned about the slow move from here. It was fun to see that odometer roll over. Hopefully, I'll be counting by overall rank pretty soon.:)

Counting by Top 1000 SETI users eh? :)

Greg M said:

i just started doing that myself. :) took a while for sure, but i just crossed into the top 2000 (1997th at this moment).

will be interesting how long the climb to the top 1k takes...

Last edited:
What I have experienced is that once you break into the top 2000 world wide things really start to slow down! :/

newspy.jpg

Consider the distance between TC and myself with about 5K units between us. :)

It takes a lot of time to move up now, but thats OK.

Cy

I haven't even begun to shoot for you big fish
...yet. ;)

I've got a long ways to go. I just don't plan on identifying my progress on the percentages.

Back