• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not a good week

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

Well to start I have 2 crunchers down right now. My work box T-bird 1Gig got a virus sent by one of our vendors overseas (e-mail virus) and mcafee didn't pick it up so I had to format and am still in the process of getting all my work related software reinstalled so no SETI there for a few days.

And my cele 500 at home was getting an upgrade to a 600 I picked up from jazztrumpet216 but its not cooperating and doesn't want to boot up with any chip in it now so I'm gonna look at it tomorrow and see what I can do.

I got my kingmax pc150 today (512Mb) from mwave but it wont even run 150 3-3-3 so I have to RMA it

and its very hot here in new orleans and my apartment and car are both old so the AC isn't working too great in either this week which causes the girlfriend to complain and me to sweat

but anyways thats my week so far hope its going better for you guys :beer:

well, every now and then, we SETIer always encounter some sort of problem.... :( machine down, real life matters, and in summer, heat! :mad:

good luck buddy!! and hope to see u back in full power soon!! ;)

deez, New Orleans? OC Team party next Mardi Gras at your place?

Just kidding, seriously, good luck with getting your machines straightened out. :)

Sorry to hear Deez. Well, having a virus on a work machine is crazy! Imagine it wiped out all of your files from work which it didn't. Are you sure you didn't touch the motherboard in any way when inserting the chip? Sounds motherboard related.

Heat problems as well :eek: I have that all the time since I'm int he smallest room.

Best of luck with life Zak.

Yodums...systems been running about a year now so its not hardware related. Got a new variation of the klez virus from Taiwan that mcafee didn't pick up. I was able to get norton on and wipe it out in time to back up some important files. I should be crunching on it again starting tonight. Its just a PITA to reorganize and reload a year of work related files/ programs etc..

mjones73...come on down. hopefully by Mardi Gras I'll have a nicer place :D

LandShark...thanks for the support

Back up at work now so thats good and I took the day off tomorrow too.

mjones73...glad you had fun but its not like that all year round. Let me know if you want to come back next year.

Yodums...congrats on the nifty stars and the senior membership (i just noticed)

deez said:
Back up at work now so thats good and I took the day off tomorrow too.

mjones73...glad you had fun but its not like that all year round. Let me know if you want to come back next year.

Yodums...congrats on the nifty stars and the senior membership (i just noticed)

Thanks!

Again, Good Luck!

Back