• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin 2700 512@ $125

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

What do ya'll think?
They said it was a special deal because the chips that are on these sticks couldn't cut it at 3200, so they are selling them at 2700.
The 256 is selling @ $62..

LOL i love the pic they have of it there at there site... It shows there using samsung REV C chips... If thats even true if the stick was made way back when then it should overclock well.. Strange how they have another 2700 stick thats like 16something... Alot more and they dont tell ya the difference between the 2 of them..

But hey it might do fine! i mean hell if ya wanted a gig of ram what better way to do it.. Only 240 bucks... Pretty nice.

Can you make out the numbers on the chips?

990920.gif

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me with free shipping.

I'm also debating whether to get this chip. It looks pretty good but the price is kinda weird especially when they have another 512 pc2700 $169. The only difference i can see from the pic is that the $169 has a heat spreader. Has anyone ordered these yet?

Me.
As I explained before, I called and spoke to a salesman. I asked what the difference was, he said these sticks are the sticks that didn't pass the 3200 test.
Call them, they are really good to deal with, the number is on the website, http://www.mushkin.com

well between PC2700 and PC3200 I wonde rhow they do teh test at 3200,....like how much more the bump up teh voltage, I bet with a touch mroe voltage you'd get some nice results.

ATC9001 said:
well between PC2700 and PC3200 I wonde rhow they do teh test at 3200,....like how much more the bump up teh voltage, I bet with a touch mroe voltage you'd get some nice results.

Don't know, we'll test them when they get here Tuesday..I have 2 512's coming..
I don't care too much about hitting the 200 mark, if I get to 180 or 85 stable, I'll be happy for that price..

Back