• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding 128 PC133 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tripwire

I am having problems. I have a pc133 256mb stick, and just got another 128 stick, I slide it in, no problems. Windows recognizes it, windows runs stable and everything. But whenever I run a game that has anything 3d in it, it crashes. Like, it'll load the menus and everything, but as soon as a 3d model appears "BYE BYE game" freezes the system and all.

did you buy your computer or build it?
i had this problem with a dell before. it turned out the the board suppoterd PC133 but came with PC100, when i installed the pc133 stick everything happened exactly like you said. the pc133 wasn't clocked down to 100Mhz and when the ram was used the two different speeds caused it to crash. took me a few hours and a few patches of hair before i figured it out.

so you know every componet in your computer then, good.

have you tried only using the new 128 stick to see if it's defective?

i apologise if you already did that but i know i forget to try things like that almost everytime i do something.

Back