• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC2400 - 145FSB only?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckerants

I have an Epox 8KHA+ with a AGOIA XP1800 and had a AHYJA 1.4. Both times the highest FSB I could go was 145.

Can someone verify that this is due to the RAM? If so is Mushin any better?

well I could go get some PC66 and duct tape it onto some PC1600....then jump on it and it would probably better then the OCZ ram!

HAve you tried dropping the multipler on your 1.4 to lik 9 and going for higher FSB? also what are your timings i think OCZ 2400 is rated to do 150fsb at cas 2.5....no cas 2. Mushkin does have good ram...don't know how good though. If you can afford it corsair XMS is the way to go. You could try to get some samsung PC2700...it's relativly cheap and even if you do get a bad bath it's still pretty fast, or you could get a god batch and it would be the same as XMS3200.

I bought some of the samsung PC2700 when it first hit the scene, and I got it running at 200+ turbo timings.

I'm not too familira with memory timingand such so everything to do with the memory is default on the BIOS.

As for the mulitplier, I tried lowering the multiplier to see how high of a FSB I could get, and it was no higher then 145~150.

Now that I have a XP1800, I'd have to unlock the chip.

As for the Mushkin, I notided that it was using a Samsung chip.

Try this........ Cas-2 Trp-3 Tras-6 Trcd-3 CMD-Rate-2T
Set your dividers to 5:
DIMM Voltage @ 2.6v

Back