• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Corsair 3200 rev. with Winbond

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wallacebw

Nice but

Samsung PC2700
IT7175-234mem.jpg

Shad

Best i've seen yet!... anything over 3000 is good though.. I am impressed... how much viltage are you feeding that ram?

Brian

Shad, you got a nice stick there. Recent ones (even CTL's) are not hitting anywhere near that. I guess Samsung is saving all the good chips for the upcoming ddr400.

i have one i have one!

will do 225mhz! tested it in memtester for 10hours straight not a single error!

of course this is with relaxed by spd.

ummm... wouldnt boot into windows at that speed cause of my hdd tho.

XMS v2.1

I just got a 512mb stick of the PC3200 r2.1 Will test it out as soon as my KX7 333r comes in the mail. Picked the ram up for $179 + shipping just before the price hike.

Arkaine23

How can that be?

Xtremeddr PC3200 @ 190 2.5 2 5 2 1T

kx7190fsb.jpg

Xtreme @ 200 2.5 2 5 2 2T

kx7san200.jpg

I don't get it.

Shad

Winbond ddr400 is pretty good if you can find it, twinmoss has released ddr400 using the winbond ddr400(-5ns chips) so this should be good also.Here is what I got out of my ddr400 stick.
mem243.JPG

This was at 3.0v on the IT7 3:4 ratio, enhance off.

You need to post the CPU speed with that case i bet if i could run my system at 2.5 gigs i could get something simular.. CPU plays a roll in that bench.

slap that system down to 1800 and lets see that score hehe..

cpuid3gig.JPG

If the IT7 had a 3:5 ratio I would bench at the lower cpu speed but identical ram speed but it doesn't so this will have to be my best.Here is a bench of a p4s333 with 533 bios running 150fsb with the mem at ddr450.
ddr450.JPG

As you see this is still pretty impressive for ddr.

The corsair 2.1 seems to hold aggressive timings better than the samsung chips did. I asssume that we will see the Winbond real ddr400 chips on modules soon. I wonder what speed corsair will sell them O.c'ed to then. PC3500?

The corsair 2.1 seems to hold aggressive timings better than the samsung chips did

If that were true how would you explain the samsung based Xtremes out performing it at lower FSB and with what looks like slower timings to boot?

Shad

Back