• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI Drive problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ss69nova

i am having a problem with seti drive.

i am falling behind on WU. No bigie but i am trying to stay on track to make top 200 in three months.

SETI Driver dosen't want to start my new work unit. My cache 12 set to 16 15 waiting to be proccessed and one processing. but it won't start on the new work unit. I gave it about 5 mints to start, when it didn't start i rebooted. and still the same thing. I haven't changed any settings and sys/cpu temps are fine. any ideas?

driver ver. 1.6.3.3

spy ver 3.1.1

could it be a bad unit? How can i save my cache of units so i can reinstall?

If your "Progress Monitor" is checked to use Seti Spy, then the progress won't show up in Seti Driver, even though the WU had started processing. If you want to use Seti Driver to monitor your progress, check the box that says "Use Seti Driver".

If that's not the problem, try a full uninstall and re-install of the core files (Seti Driver, Seti Spy, and CLC). Make sure you follow every instruction in the sticky guide at the top of this forum to a T, maybe you missed one crucial part of the setup process??

Good Luck!

-Joe

thanks for the help i don't know what happened but it finally came back up about 30 mins after i rebooted! ran nortons and everything was ok no problems? hope it stays up.

Back