• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long WU Processing Times?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKooL

Registered
I've just had two WU's in a row that have taken me over 13 hours to process.. This is ridiculous, I can usually complete a WU in 3.5 hours.

I tried deleting the cache and downloading new WU's, but the same thing happened.

Any ideas?

-Joe

Using the command-line client? Have you been playing any games or running any other CPU-intensive apps in this time?

Heh, I was running winAmp's visualization studio full screen on my 2nd desktop (I use a 4 desk virtual setup)... Hah, when I closed the visualization, my times went down to 2.4 hours for a 1.42 AR WU.

:rolleyes:

-Joe

Well, I've stopped winamp and every other app in the background but WU's are still taking 8-9 hours to process!!! I'm on the 3rd one, and they're killing my average!

It's not a heat problem, there is not throttling that I can think of.

Does Win98 se just suck?

-Joe

using the graphical client, not the command line client my machine can churn out 11-12 hour WU's. not bad for a 1ghz machine thats not overclocked.

You are righrt JKooL. I am actually getting many long time crunch WUs. Nothing to do for the bad angles. But pay special attention especially if you have more than one rig to the monster ones.
They are a true oddity but when you get them they can stop
whatever cpu for days. It happened to me to get one of them two weeks ago. It stopped a tualatin@1064 for five days
while an average WU is crunched in 5h 50'. If you all guys get one of them discard it.

How do I get rid of a WU and start a new one?!

I just finished my 3rd 9 hour WU. It's down to 5.5-6 hours now, which is still too long...

-Joe

Did you try resetting your computer? I know it sounds stupid but a couple of my computers have in the past have slowed down to the point where it took 5 times as long to complete and unit. Once I restarted the computer the times dropped??

This has happened to me and all that would work for me was to delete the whole seti file and start over and then update it,but that is easy for me to say because I got broadband,ut I know it takes a while with Dialup..
Also I was kinda new so there probably is a better fix.

Back