• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair or XtremeDDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
I am probably going to buy Corsair XMS memory for my system. It is high quality and great for overclocking, but I have also heard people saying that XtremeDDR is really good. I haven't seen any actual results, so thats why I am probably buying the XMS. If anyone knows anything about the XtremeDDR please let me know.

mdcomp said:
I am probably going to buy Corsair XMS memory for my system. It is high quality and great for overclocking, but I have also heard people saying that XtremeDDR is really good. I haven't seen any actual results, so thats why I am probably buying the XMS. If anyone knows anything about the XtremeDDR please let me know.

I also concur that XtremeDDR is excellent memory. I'm waiting on my mobo to be returned to me so I can finish my review.

So far its better than my Mushkin pc3000(And I like my Mushkin pc3000)

PS If you go the XtremeDDR route buy it at Pc-pitstop.com, they are one of the few vendors selling it that have a good reputation. (They honor thier pricewatch prices as well)

Re: Re: Corsair or XtremeDDR

Silversinksam said:

I also concur that XtremeDDR is excellent memory. I'm waiting on my mobo to be returned to me so I can finish my review.

So far its better than my Mushkin pc3000(And I like my Mushkin pc3000)

PS If you go the XtremeDDR route buy it at Pc-pitstop.com, they are one of the few vendors selling it that have a good reputation. (They honor thier pricewatch prices as well)

Hmmm....always thought it was OCZ in new clothes...what FSBs have you obtained @ 2-2-2-5-1?

Mine goes to 211 on a kx7

My buds goes to 215

Xtreme215.JPG

Shad

I think I am gonna go with the XtremeDRR is sounds great.

ok, on the same note:

i'm ordering all my stuff tomorrow(except the case, which i'm getting today [Lian Li PC-6083a!!]) and need an answer. Simply put:

XtremeDDR or Corsair?

Both 512mb CAS 2.5, which one will have the greater chance of getting a great score in Sandra or whatever benchmark prog y'all use? If I go with the XtremeDDR, I save some $20, but I'm not ultimately looking to save money. If it happens to be that I will get an equal or better score with the XtremeDDR, then so be it; I will have saved $20, but if it is recommended to go with Corsair because they are more "tried and true", then that's fine, too.

-peter

Shadco said:
Mine goes to 211 on a kx7

My buds goes to 215

At what timings? I highly doubt it reaches that @ 2-2-2-5-1, like I originaly posted ;)

I ordered some Xtreme DDR yesterday (Sunday) from PC Pitstop and forgot to mention a color in my order, so I sent an E-mail with my color choice and got a response that eve. ON A Sunday!!! Paul is great in the cust. svc. dept. Haven't rc'vd a tracking # yet! Oh, I ordered 2-512mb sticks of PC3000 for my P-4 rig. When I get some tests run I'll post results!
WOOHOO 1 gig of RAM!!!:D

It may be better to buy the pc3000 version, it is cas2 and is a cheaper. Plus, there isn't much of a difference between the pc300 and pc3200, heck, the pc3000 may even be better. Still on the ExtremeDDR side of things.

Just ordered some Corsair XMS PC3200 512mb for $199 today.

www.googlegear.com FIFTY CENTS for 2nd DAY AIR too!!

Total was $199.50 w/2nd day shipping. Got a tracking # on it today.

also ordered:

athlon xp2000+
Epox 8k3a
swiftech mcx462u w/ 40cfm fan @ 32db

Last edited:
I´m having the same problems that you guys.
I can´t deside if i´m going to buy a Corsair or XtremeDDR.

What´s the results that you guy have??

Which is best the Xtreme PC3200 or the PC3000??

Well my Corsair XMS PC3200 has held up in Turbo mode and everything I can throw at it for a week now. Absolutley no probs with it at all.

score 10553 3dmarks stock right out of the box.
Set ram to turbo mode, GF4 ti4400 to 295/675 and scored 11546 3dmarks. (stock cpu) All I need is a cpu OC and I'm over 12k easy!

I'm very pleased with my setup. Except for the conflict my SoundBlaster driver is having with Win XP, my rig hauls a$$.

Rick

Back