• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? about our output?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

Hey guys,

I was looking at the seti@work team numbers which say we are only putting out 1400 or so units per day. I thought we were chugging along at 22-2300?? What happened? The low AR's?

Cupe Dog

Not Sure of Their Numbers

Although I do visit SETI @ Work, I have questions about their numbers sometimes. I prefer to rely on Basher's records and calculation as a most accurate representation of our team's activity.

SkyHook

wow!! Bashers says 4300? That seems a little big??

We have lost a lot of the big number crunchers. rogerdugans is among the missing, toomanymods stoped crunching, these two guys alone were good for 500+ WUs. Benz is on and off, so depending on what the heck he is doing we can be up or down another couple hundred. Also cannot forget about chawken. Plus the summer heat brings down our O/Cs and Hallen has cut back big time, heck he even sent me a cruncher casue it was getting too hot in his house. Heat, along with personal issues has left O/C SETI in big trouble.

Well I am bored and totaled the top 100 and came up with and avg. over the last week of around 1800 per day so we know the seti@works numbers are wrong.

That 4308 figure is from my stats sheet for last week. All I do is divide the 7 day work unit difference by 7. It goes up and down according to people joining or leaving the team.

I have saved the team! My friend with his powerful 1.46GHz AMD XP1700+ is going to smash everyone in its wake!

cool, I just was amazed when I saw the 1400 on seti@work..

We need some more output tho..:D

First Page of Dailys

The first page under Daily Stats gives a fair calculation of what that day's WU output for the team was.

SkyHook

so we are around 2700 a day.. Thats a little better but we need to get upto 3000 per day!!!!:D

Seems Logical To Me

I look at that figure and say, 250 "active" producers doing 2500-2700 WUs a day that's like 10 per day average per user. So you have some "actives" doing 1-2 a day but you have some doing 50-75+ per day, so 250 users doing 2500 WUs per day seems logical and acceptable to me.

You are correct with your statement that 3000-3500 a day would be way nicer! I'll see what I can do here at the truck patch about uping my donation.

SkyHook

Think I'll be back after 2500 points in Folding and then just rotate every 2500 after that.

I miss it dearly :[

I was ready to add 3 machines (XP's) but crashed my car :(

Sweet Jon, what is the est. days remaining until back?

Yea & Boo

Jon, great to hear you anticipate returning, your production is missed!

Cuper, man it ain't polite to do that to a Bemeer! Sorry to learn of your bad luck!

SkyHook

you have no idea!!! Lets just say there is one more deer alive by me!!!:mad::mad:

Cuper said:
you have no idea!!! Lets just say there is one more deer alive by me!!!:mad::mad:

Off topic but it gets worse. A friend off mine hit and killed a dear with his new box van the same weekend that we were racing MTN bikes. He crashed over one fo the doubles in the dual course and ripped his finger open, got a concusion and had internal bleeding, he had to be air lifted to the Hosptial.

But the car does look pretty bad.

Sorry to hear about that.:( Hope everthing turns out fine...

My car looks worse than it was. It is very low to the ground and when I swerved to avoid the deer (thought I had room on the side of the road but couldn't see a large rock b/c it was foggy and raining) I hit the brakes but caught the rock and everything was force up due to the low spoiler. :( Oh, I clipped the deer ever so lightly but it was fine.:mad: :mad:

Back