• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie Memory Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaywirE

Disabled
Hey Sup guys.

I got 256MB OF PC1600, EPOX 8KHA, 1700 XP (Not overclocked YET ;)..)

Anyways, as we speak of that, There's a forum of someone on a dispute of XtremeDDR PC-3200

Would i be able to run at 3200 Speeds? .... Or what? And what would help from 2100, 2700, 3200? FSB? I dunno.. What would be the most benefical, and would XtremeDDR PC-3200 Work on my system?

I think you should probably look for pc2700 (either crucial or mushkin), and shoot your fsb at around 166Mhz. If I am not mistaken, for your board anything over 166fsb is risky. if you are willing to upgrade to a kt333 board you should expect a 15% performance increase from memory alone. Also, don't give up on the pc1600 just yet, increase the mem voltage to max you may make it run at 140fsb or more:) Make sure to unlock your Athlon, so you can squeeze more juice from it at low fsb settings.

Good luck and have fun!

on second thought, nforce2 is coming, rumors that it can run 225fsb stable so if you buy pc3200 today you can use it for future upgrades.

Last edited:
Technically it shouldn't run at those speeds but with mad voltage and timing tweaks you can do it. Pretty sure the has a pci divider at 167.

Back