• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I may be the new #1 in wu benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

Today i had reached the 2500 wu mark. Well i had planned on doing some overclocking with my 2.4 northwood when that point was reached. So today i crunched the benchmark wu with stock settings. I ended up with 3.141 which didn't place me in the top 5 that i wanted. Well then i raised the voltage and fsb producing a speed of 2892 mhz. I just finished the wu with an unofficial time of 2.641 . I think that puts me in the #1 spot now! I'm sending the result to Landshark right after this post for i couldn't wait to post this thread first.

I'm going to slap on my 156 W peltier to try to get over 3.0 stable for it does start windows then freezes at this speed. After that another wu bench i will run.

Last edited:
Dang, well now I have to figure out where I saved the other two benchmarks that were for just such an occasion :D I'm afraid they were on a hard drive I wiped when my 2.2A was burning out.

TC said:
Dang, well now I have to figure out where I saved the other two benchmarks that were for just such an occasion :D I'm afraid they were on a hard drive I wiped when my 2.2A was burning out.

haehaehaehaeheah
hes got something up his sleeve
might as well give up now guys ;)

Is anyone going to try to knock my No1 Duron off the top spot. If so I too will keep a trick or 2 up my sleeve:D

13oots2 said:
Is anyone going to try to knock my No1 Duron off the top spot. If so I too will keep a trick or 2 up my sleeve:D

I could try. Mine rips along pretty well. A bit more tweaking and I could take #1 Duron. What I am really going after is #1 overall. I just got my v-mod and all I need to do now is RMA my ram and it will be time.

the WU that is in use for benchmark is a 0.416AR unit.

Fishy, are you saying that you are trying to take the #1 overall spot w/ a XP?????? if so, i guess u'll have some hard work to do....:D

LandShark said:
the WU that is in use for benchmark is a 0.416AR unit.

Fishy, are you saying that you are trying to take the #1 overall spot w/ a XP?????? if so, i guess u'll have some hard work to do....:D

Ill see what I can do. My chip can do 175fsb so far. I have not tried to go above that. I just got my v-mod today, and I have been playing around. I can easily over take the #1 AMD spot. I am running the same MHZ as Just Shoot but with a much higher FSB. I need to get my RAM rmaed cause it cannot do over 172. You will see some results from me in a week or two. Good luck Burning Phoenix.

Edit- 178 FSB right now. Time for some testing.

Last edited:
Burning Phoenix said:
I hope i get to see my #1 spot for at least a day now that all you guys trying to take it.
I'll let you enjoy it for a while. Besides I think I lost my saved benchmarks. One was 2.52 and the best was 2.44 but it might have been corrupted - the system crashed twice while working on it.

Ill give you a hint. The ram was no where near stock. Something like double what any other RDram could do at the time.

Burning Phoenix said:
would PC1066 DRDAM give me better times?

I thought at one time he was testing RIMM4200!
Yes, but it was an engineering sample with damn good chips, and when you have an unlocked cpu you can have lots of fun with the bus speed and ram timings ;) The point was to show the potential of a P4 with plenty of memory bandwidth.

kaillum said:

cheers for that m8e...

at OcUK use a 0.417ar for benching..

and here's our chart if anyones interested... but as the ar's are different, there not really comparable..

link
Hah - never thought I'd see Gibbo running a P4. He was chasing me around in the TLC benchmarks.

kaillum said:

cheers for that m8e...

at OcUK use a 0.417ar for benching..

and here's our chart if anyones interested... but as the ar's are different, there not really comparable..

link

I couldn't help noticing but Gibbo is using an Alpha PAL8045 to cool a P4? Alpha PAL8045 is AMD only w/ the four holes, unless he's not mistaken for the Alpha 8942...

Back