• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM for performance and oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Xtremeddr for KX7-333 by far.

Most people who are looking for maximum overclock stick to 1 stick of 256mb though.

I'd call them and see what they have to say.

Xtrmemddr on KX7 256mb
Xtreme215.JPG

Shad

I'm using the Corsair XMS 3000 and it's great. I'm at 200 mhz fsb with the rated timings(2-3-3) with the vdimm at 2.7v. The new revision with winbond chips is supposed to be even better.

I know corsair and all that is good but I'd like to add that I have heard that xtreme ddr is good. I'd wait a week or so and see sss's review of it. He is testing a stick he bought from a regular vender so we know it's not a hand picked one.

jabroni1m said:
I know corsair and all that is good but I'd like to add that I have heard that xtreme ddr is good. I'd wait a week or so and see sss's review of it. He is testing a stick he bought from a regular vender so we know it's not a hand picked one.
I read a preview review on that xtreme and it performed better than xms, but like you mention it may have been hand picked sample. I think the verdict is still out, right now.

But you see the verdict for XTREME DDR isn't out. Every review was made without a hand picked piece. Xtreme ddr makes you order a stick from a store online, any you want to make the review. They won't send a chip for you to review. SSS here at overclockers is well known and has owned just about every kind of ram. I will quote something he said to me in a pm. It's not an exact quote, but close. "I need a new mobo to finish testing but from what I have done so far, it is the BEST ram I have ever used."
Forgot to mention, Sam will be posting the results in the memory section and maybe the front page when testing is finished.

Last edited:
Back