• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My bad memory, what should I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

I have a bad stick of Mushkin PC3000 that cannot do 172 at defualt voltage, let alone 183. I talked to both Newegg.com and Mushkin tech. Newegg is going to let me purchase any other ram that I want, but I heard that the Mushkin was the best only to the Corsair. Mushkin asured me that it was a bad dimm and that the see very few problems. Im on the East coast so Mushkin is closer to me also by a day in each dirrection. What should I do? Is the Mushkin as good as everyone says it is, or should I try something different?

Let Mushkin replace it for you. Mushkin rocks in the customer support area, they even have caller ID so when you call the second time (If you have to) they know you by name :)

well I think you might have had a bad stick and mushkin is good...but as your said I think corsair is the best, i'd try to get a XMS3200 stick...but that's expensive too!

I agree with ATC, mushkin makes great ram; you probably just got a bad stick. But, if newegg is letting you choose any ram then I would get the Corsair XMS 3000 or 3200, they now have a new revision which is supposed to better. I'm running my XMS 3000 at 200 mhz fsb. Let us know what you choose.

I paid $85 for my Mushkin last month when the prices were lower. So thats the credit that they are giving me towards anything that I want. The corsair is so expensive. I think that I am just going to send it back to Mushkin and Im going to call again and ask if they can upgrade me to PC3200. At first I did not think that I was going to be anywhere close to PC3000 speeds, but my AGOIA keeps climbing. Im at 175 rock solid at 2.00v but with the memory at 3/4 speed.

Back