• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

two kinds of ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
alright, im gonna be putting a new cpu/mobo in my CS server...and i have 256mb pc2100 sitting around, and i want to get more, but the same ram (kingston) is not cheap..liek $80 for 256mb...can i just buy another brand? and put em together

You can usually mix and match some times there are conflicts, but hey thats the risk you have to take to save money. I ran all different kinds of memory in my CS server with no problems. PC100 with PC133 and all different sizes. I would nt recomend it for the best performance, but hey if it works.

ok, because i dont have enough cash to just get another kingston stick...so if they are the same size, timing, and voltage, it should work alright?

RangerJoe said:
ok, because i dont have enough cash to just get another kingston stick...so if they are the same size, timing, and voltage, it should work alright?
yes I would try to stick with the same specs and It should be fine.. I've never run in to a problem.:)

Back