• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocsystem RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Minefields

Hi there, first post on this forum - one of the only ones i've found which has a good memory discussion section. I was wondering if anyone has had any expirience with OCsystem RAM from ocsystem.com Their RAM is cheap for its speed and is meant to be geared towards ovcerclocking. Anyone know anything about this RAM?

Thanks, Mark :)

Memory

I've found buying memory to be the most disappointing aspect of overclocking. It seems to never work as rated if you try to save money on your purchase.

OCsystem has RMA'd ram I've killed on two occaisions, so I won't fault them there. However, most of us here think that are they are closely involved in the OCZ name-game scandal and so a lot of us refuse to give them any business.

If you want good memory try XtremeDDR, Corsair, or Mushkin.

Re: Memory

Arkaine23 said:
However, most of us here think that are they are closely involved in the OCZ name-game scandal and so a lot of us refuse to give them any business.

If you want good memory try XtremeDDR, Corsair, or Mushkin.
yep and yep :) you can get the xtremeddr from www.pcpitstop.com very reputible dealer.

and oh yeah... Welcome to the forums!!

color dedicated to podels :D

crucial is also good, but right now corsair XMS and mushkin seem to be the top dogs....and I agree with arkaine on the OCSystems memory....when it comes to computers you almost always get what you pay for.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Uhr I just saw ocsystem.com's ratings on the anandtec resellers list and on resellerratings.com and i'm staying away fomr them for sure, hard to find a single good comment about them.

I think i'm going to go for some Mushkin PC2100 Hi Perf RAM, its got 2-2-2 timing and is cheap atm. I've only seen one review for it though and it was very good, they got it to 185mhz stable at 2-2-2 which is very good for PC2100 RAM.

I'm on a tight budget though, I need 256mb of good DDR to put into a 1.6a overclock system which will have a high fsb.

Any specific suggestions? Good reviews?

Re: Thanks

Minefields said:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Uhr I just saw ocsystem.com's ratings on the anandtec resellers list and on resellerratings.com and i'm staying away fomr them for sure, hard to find a single good comment about them.

I think i'm going to go for some Mushkin PC2100 Hi Perf RAM, its got 2-2-2 timing and is cheap atm. I've only seen one review for it though and it was very good, they got it to 185mhz stable at 2-2-2 which is very good for PC2100 RAM.

I'm on a tight budget though, I need 256mb of good DDR to put into a 1.6a overclock system which will have a high fsb.

Any specific suggestions? Good reviews?

Figure out how to come up with the cash for some XMS Corsair 3200 or 3000C2.. either one... But i've been testing 2 sticks of 512 3200 last night and i have come to the conclusion that i cant max the ram at all.. My system is holding me back.. My Abit KX7Raid is holding me down..hehe.. I'm pretty sure the north bridge is overheating. I can boot at 200 cas2 2-6-2 2T 1.85 but i get screen tearing.. So after much testing i've ended up at 180 totaly max settings for now. Till i get my water cooling runing again so i can cool the northbridge and Vid card.

So point hear is... Thats the shizit! Buy that ram! 200+ i mean prob more like 220+ easy. So with that intel this ram is perfect... But costly right now to.

Just got a stick of 256mb corsair XMS pc3000. It's running at 200FSB cas 2.5-7-3-3, and it has a bandwidth of 3009/3035! It's rated for 185fsb cas 2-6-3-3, but what I've got it at is just as good!
I never heard back from OCsystem when I asked to RMA a stick of ram to them. It was supposed to do 200fsb, cas 2.5-7-3-3, but it maxes out at 155fsb cas 2.5-7-3-3.

Back