• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My RAM MIGHT be acting strange. Hey its OCZ!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

Ok, I built my new system, big upgrade from the old one about a month ago. So I wouldnt know the differences here. MY kt3 supports ddr pc-2700. So I bought some ocz 2700. Yea yea big mistake. Anyway, I ran sandra, and when I was looking at the ram, it said it was at 266, or 2100. Could this be with my CAS settings? I dont know much about them, but I know that it is at 2.5, and 2 would be better than 2.5. If I were to put it at 2, would my system have problems, and would it bring it at 2700? Cuz my benchmarks for my memory are just sad.

you have to adjust the Dram clock in the bios for it to run at 166mhz..(DDR333)...besides running async 166mhz mode doesnt give much of a performance increase anyway...also use cas 2.0

Last edited:
You need to overclock in order to hit the right fsb (166) to get PC 2700, or DDR 333. CAS 2 can hold you back from faster speeds, but because the Athlon has a 266 (133 * 2) FSB, they dont automatically go to 333

Back