• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I should be shot for ever buying Corsair XMS from Atacom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

Purchased a 512meg stick of XMS3200 2 weeks ago. Got stick 2nd day air but it arrived DOA, bummer. Took till Tuesday to get an RMA number from vendor but sent stick back via UPS. It arrived at Atacom on Monday. They got around to testing it today and confirmed yep it is dead. But they are now out of stock and will have to get replacement from their source. If I ever even look at another purchase from them, someone just shoot me.

That does bite!:(
Sorry to hear about that, I'll have to keep that in mind when doing aby of my purchasing. What kind of reseller ratings do they have anyways? I always find it real hard to venture away from the few venders that I know to be reputable and that I always had good service from. Call them up after a week of waiting and ask them what they can do for you for having to wait so long, I'll bet with a little persistence you can get them to throw in a extra something or other....;) Good luck dude!

That is terrible. I bought a case once from a company I have never heard of. They gave me order number and said to go to their site and it will link you to the order status. For a week I try the link and nothing happens so I figure I just have the wrong number, but I called and they said it in on back order and that I have to wait a month to get it. I canceled the order and paid $20 more for the case on on newegg. Go with a reputable site every time, it is worth the extra money.
:D

someone just shoot me

I checked them out at resellerratings.com and seems most recent comments have been pretty good. Rating of 6.75

They also have some very pi**ed off customers as well.

I was going to place an order with them because of the price. Glad I paid the few bucks extra and ordered from a different vendor.

Hope everything turns out good for you on your situation.

Yep, it seems people are happy with them UNTIL you need Customer Service or an RMA or something. I should have stayed with Newegg but Atacom was $5 cheaper and had free 2nd Day Air. You live and you learn.

Cancel the order and place an order with www.googlegear.com

I just bought Corsair XMS PC3200 512mb stick for $199.50 shipped 2nd day air. Shipped same day ordered which was 2 days ago. (FedEx redirected it away from me and should get it tomorrow)

BlwnSS said:
Cancel the order and place an order with www.googlegear.com

I just bought Corsair XMS PC3200 512mb stick for $199.50 shipped 2nd day air. Shipped same day ordered which was 2 days ago. (FedEx redirected it away from me and should get it tomorrow)

Hehe you'll love that ram! I do... 2 512 sticks XMS 3200PL and i cant max the ram cause my system dont wana go as high yet.. Gota find a better way to cool my graphics and northbridge... Then i'll hopefully take hold of that power!

I wish I could cancel the order but their rma policy for ram or cpu's is replacement only. I guess I will just have to wait. I wonder since Atacom is in Fremont CA why they just can't wander down to Corsair, which is in Fremont too and pick me up a stick (dream on, I know).

KK, I know what you mean, I have been TRYING to get it for 2 weeks now. My 1.6 will do 2700+ but my 2100 Crucial is killing me. It was GREAT ram for it's day and has served me well, but it is time to move on to the next generation. You know, kinda like we all wish we could do with women ;)

Back