• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

Ok I am getting the IT7-MAX with a P4 2.26
What I want to know is how fast RAM can I get? Will it run PC3200 at 3200 or is the festest it will go PC2700?

Also, which are the best brands in order? Micron, Samsung, Zeus, Mushkin, Kingston, Corsair. samsung seems to be my best bet for price right now but how well does that stuf stack up to the others?

-Shaun

Corsair makes the best and fastest ram out there right now. They have PC300 and PC3200 ram that have been tested as high as 220-230 fsb. If you don't have enough money for the XMS 3000 or 3200 the Samsung PC2700 should be just fine. Make sure you get the CTL version if you do buy the Samsung.

I would also suggest XtremeDDR memory. It is not available on many sites, but it is great memory. Go with the pc3000 version of it because it is cas2 and the pc3200 is cas2.5. You can get it at www.silverbulletpc.com. The Corsair XMS Series is also very good.

Back