• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to tweak speed of ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonnyC

Registered
alright, i have a Asus P4S533 w/ P4 1.8 @ 2.4 (133 FSB). also have 512 Corsair XMS pc3000 (ddr370). alright, right now i have the cpu/mem ratio at 4:5 which would give me about ddr330. if i want to got any higher, i have to go to 4:6, which would be ddr400. now, i don't think i should run my ram that fast, but is there anything else i can do to try and put the ram speed around ddr370 without changing my FSB of 133???

thanks!

but is there anything else i can do to try and put the ram speed around ddr370 without changing my FSB of 133???

No, not with the multiplier options that board has.

That stick you have should be able to run at 200Mhz but you might have to back the CAS timing down.

I'd run it at max timings with the 5:4 multiplier and get some memory scores with something like Sandra then run it with the 6:4 multiplier with the timings as high as they will go and still be stable then do some more testing with Sandra to see which route works better.

Back