• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOT Crucial DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

Yo all,

I hear people around here saying that Crucial sticks get very hot. I have 2x Crucial 512 Mb Reg/Ecc, should I get heatsinks for them? Any brand or type preferred?

regards,
Henry

I have 256MB PC2100 Crucial and it doesn't get hot. Only slightly warm. I don't think you really need them, unless, until you start raising voltage of the ram. But if it is stock, you don't need them.

I would have to agree with Mike K on this one, you really don't need them unless you are rasing the voltage.

mdcomp said:
I would have to agree with Mike K on this one, you really don't need them unless you are rasing the voltage.

Just call me Mike. I use them anyway because I got them free and they look cool. And I tought you were on vacation.:p

First I have 256MB and I bought that, I get the heatspreaders for free, sometimes. I have a friend at the local pc shop and he gets me a discount. It is not exactly free but it is chicken**** money.

Back