• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc3000 read as pc2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welp since your CPu is locked you cant do 166 1x1... though you can run the ram at its rated speed or lower... So what i mean is in your bios you will find some memory timings i believe in the chipset settings.. Look for a setting that says DRAM timing.. Change that to 166.

Now in the frequencey settings there will be the settings for the cpu.. Change it to manual. The settings for your CPU are a Mult of 11.5 x 133FSB and the voltage leave those default for now.

Now for the FSB... Leave it at 133... That way the CPU's FSB will stay in spec at 133 X11.5. Your memory will run at PC2700 for now... To get the ram to read PC3000..Hell i dont know if any system will read it like that since there is no PC3000 standard out yet. Your ram is overclocked PC2700 anyways... THough to get the rated speed of 3000 (185 FSB) you will have to overclock your system. To do that without changing the CPU by unlocking you will have to leave the settings i told you about above but the FSB... Change that to 140-145FSB and the system will add 33Mhz to the ram speed since you have the DRAM timing at 166.. So the highest you could get it to would be 178 and thats at a fsb of 145... THough i wouldnt go doing this if you dont know anything about overclocking... and have good cooling on that cpu and system case. You will be overclocking your cpu as well running it way over spec and adding way more heat to it.

Thats why its important to unlock your CPU... Then you could drop the Multiplier and Raise the FSB and leave your CPU in spec at 1800+..

So if you were to unlock your CPU then you could change the Multiplier to like 8.5 then raise your FSB to 185 and run the ram at PC3000 and your cpu would run at 1575... A tad over the 1533 spec of that 1800+ though. You should also change that Dram timing to SPD as well so it wont add plus33MHz to the ram total.

Lots of fun there good luck.

Back