• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Izedso

Registered
Im looking to upgrade to a P4 with a 533 FSB

Not sure exactly which RAM to use??
PC-2100?
PC-2700?

Any Ideas?
Dosent Matter?

If you are going to overclock, go for the Corsair XMS3000, I've been hearing good things about it. The latest Samsung Original sticks tend to suck a lot as they're based on the DTL modules. Last week I purchased a stick of Samsung Original from Overclockers.co.uk and the stick barely does DDR375 on my BG7. Extra voltage doesn't help either. The modules on my stick are Week 0224 DTL.

Khanivore said:
If you are going to overclock, go for the Corsair XMS3000, I've been hearing good things about it. The latest Samsung Original sticks tend to suck a lot as they're based on the DTL modules. Last week I purchased a stick of Samsung Original from Overclockers.co.uk and the stick barely does DDR375 on my BG7. Extra voltage doesn't help either. The modules on my stick are Week 0224 DTL.

I second the notion for Corsair XMS3000. It is great ram, right now I'm running at 200 fsb. The new revision using winbond chips is supposed to be even better(I think its the plat version). I wouldn't get Samsung PC 2700 because it will probably be DTL.

Thanks Guys

It is not going to be o/c'ed

Ill give you specs and if you could recomend any changes it would be appreciated.

P4 2.4Ghz @533 FSB
DFI NB73-ES Mobo
1024Mb PC-?? Ram
128 mb Ge-force 4 Ti 4400
60Gb IBM HDD
Sony CdRom
Sony DVD-RW
Sony 17" LCD
Creative Live 5.1 Bundle with 5.1 Creative Speakers
D-link Internal Modem(No ADSL Where i AM :( )
D-link Lan Card...

What u think??
Any Suggestions??

rnpgrosz said:

I second the notion for Corsair XMS3000. It is great ram, right now I'm running at 200 fsb. The new revision using winbond chips is supposed to be even better(I think its the plat version). I wouldn't get Samsung PC 2700 because it will probably be DTL.
Definately get the XMS3000, but be sure it is the new revision 2.1 and not the 1.1 revision.

I have my samsung PC2700 DTL @ 2.7v running at DDR402 but I feel pretty lucky with what I see others getting from it. This is using 2.5-6-3-3 and I will be getting some XMS3000 myself shortly.

Back