• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

real Samsung DDR400 seems to be out now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The link is dead, but I will take a look on newegg. I wonder if it can do 2-2-2-5-1.

Link corrected above.

It really is amazing how many folks are still buying in to the notion that these 3rd party supossed "true" Samsung PC3200 sticks covered with heat spreaders are legit ddr400 chips. That is how they are advertised on may sites, but as we well know they are so far, the CB3 chips regardless of how fast they run. It will nice to see some high performance pc3200 that is not covered up!

This early rendition of the new Samsung DDR400 doesn't look so good. Look at the cas3 rating on this chip in the pic below:

http://www.amd3d.com/#newsitem1027428379,98471,

I think that what they did was divert the good yielding "CTL" CB3 line to this DDR400 at cas3 or 2.5 whatever. I bet you that it will perform the same as the good sticks of CTL did. 200+ at relaxed timings. It is probably the exact same chips with new markings. I would also assume that the real DDR400 at cas2 would be a more limited supply to come later as yields improve and are "binned

Last edited:
Back