• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is OCZ memory any good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffnNetti

I need to contact Silversinksam in regards to a tr
I am thinking of buying a stick of OCZ 512 mb pc-2700 rev 3 ram, timings are CL 2 2-5-2 1t.

anyone have any experience with this ram ?
getting it for my new epox 8k3a+ MB.

hoping to get the FSB up to 166ish if possible.

DOH thought i was in the memory section lol. go ahead and get the bats out and beat me :)

NO the ram sux!

go with some quality mushkin, corsair, xtreme.....NOT OCZ! period!

LOL is it really that bad ?? i kinda wondered because its only $158 for a 512 mb stick....

thanks alot :)

yup, kept on getting emmory dumps on my first built system which totally frustrated me, sold it on ebay though and teh person hasn't said anything anbout it so maybe he had better luck, o well got 90% of my money back

thanks for the input guys, i ordered a 512 mb stick of the mushkin from newegg instead :) it better be dipped in gold though for the price lol

I use OCZ at FSB 171 at 1:1 ratio
my buddy has the same system as me ..his OC's better ( we swapped sticks and its the same case, cpu limiting us)

since his oc's better he runs his at 160 at 3:4 ratio ..thats DDR 426 ???? common ..yeah OCZ sucks...haha

Re-Volt said:
I use OCZ at FSB 171 at 1:1 ratio
my buddy has the same system as me ..his OC's better ( we swapped sticks and its the same case, cpu limiting us)

since his oc's better he runs his at 160 at 3:4 ratio ..thats DDR 426 ???? common ..yeah OCZ sucks...haha

OCZ rebadges memory that does not meet specs from other companies. This has been posted over and over agian on other forums. OCZ is a scam artist company. You may get lucky with them, but They are defintely have a lower batting percentage than any other company.

right... im running 512mb PC2700 rev3 and going166mhz easily on 2.6vdimm cas 2.0 2-5-2 1T timings...and its running perfectly fine...i dunno what you guys are doing wrong.. i did have some problems in the begining, with my new cpu, mobo etc.. but now i like it

Last edited:
Ok I gotta have the truth, I have a 512 mb stick of Corsair XMS 3000 Platinum comming. Now time to test the "best" with the so called "worst".

Re-Volt,

Memory can be a fickle thing, now the primary problem is that sometimes even the Best wont perform as advertised. Heres where the problem lies, Lets just say for the sake of Arguement that your stick of OCZ you just bought doesn't perform at its rated speed.

Ok your saying I'll just RMA this stick to OCZ... Maybe you can, maybe you can't...

Now lets say you contact a reputable company like Mushkin or Corsair, I'll tell you this for a fact..... Mushkin or Corsair will not give you any kind of a hassle and they go the extra mile to take care of its customers. Unfortunatly I cant say the same thing for OCZ based on so many complaints i have heard over the years.

Can you get a stick of memory that will perform well from OCZ? Maybe.....You did, But why take a chance when you can buy from a company like Mushkin or Corsair that actually cares about its customers.

Back