• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On my SX840

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sundaythedog

I'm going to have 4 fans. 2 exhaust in rear and two intake in front. I was going to mount 1 or 2 on the sides too. Should they be intake or outtake and where should they be positioned? Thanks!

Ok, personally i would have a fan or atleast a funnel from the heatsink to the outside of the case attached to the side panel. Also have a fan over the video card~pci area sucking air off and out of the case or blowing onto the video card, try it both ways to see what works best for you. This way you have a pretty even airflow pattern in your case and dont have hot spots or bad airflow. Hope this helps. Oh and yeah as Yodums said get 120mm fans as they work good that way, are big and work well for that. Just try to keep airflow balanced~roughly the same cfm in as out and you could drop the temp even more as the fans work more effeciently that way.

Last edited:
If your going to add fans to the side panel, use 120mm's. It'll look much nicer and add more airflow and in the states the prices of 120mm aren't that expensive. Fans on the side panel are usually intakes, which are suppose to be at the very bottom, and blowing inside the case, hence "intake." Cool air is on the bottom, warm is at the top. I would add it equally so if you add a 120mm to the side you add it to the top and so on. That's how I did mine. Read the fan and it'll show you what way it spins and which way it blows.

Back