PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to...

SilentandDeadly
08-22-02, 09:12 AM
is it possible to add a water cooling system to a case? i have a Cooler Master ATC-201-SX case, it's all aluminum inside and out, and i don't want to replace it (i'm not looking to replace something that was $180 or $200 with a new case that's gonna cost even more, i'd rather add, since i like this case). if i can, can someone tell me what tools i'd need to be able to do it? if you need to know what i have, i have a P4 2.53 GHz proc, a GF4 Ti 4600, PC-1066 RDRAM, Asus P4T533-C mobo, and a 7200 RPM HDD.

SilentandDeadly
08-22-02, 09:13 AM
and also, what would be a good system to get if i can do that ^

RnPgrosz
08-22-02, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by SilentandDeadly
is it possible to add a water cooling system to a case? i have a Cooler Master ATC-201-SX case, it's all aluminum inside and out, and i don't want to replace it (i'm not looking to replace something that was $180 or $200 with a new case that's gonna cost even more, i'd rather add, since i like this case). if i can, can someone tell me what tools i'd need to be able to do it? if you need to know what i have, i have a P4 2.53 GHz proc, a GF4 Ti 4600, PC-1066 RDRAM, Asus P4T533-C mobo, and a 7200 RPM HDD.

Yes, thats what most people do. DangerDen sells some good stuff and they do have blocks for Socket 478. http://www.dangerden.com/mall/kits_P4478.asp

Your going to need to choose a waterblock,radiator,pump,tubing and the liquids you will be using. I would recommend getting the Maze 3, a heatercore(if you can fit it into your case) and an eheim pump, all this stuff can be found on DD. A combination of distilled water and water wetter will probably be best.

SilentandDeadly
08-22-02, 10:04 AM
is this good? Action
DESCRIPTION
ITEM No.
QTY
EACH
TOTAL
TAXED?

Custom Kit:, 478-MAZE3 Style, Copper Top, None, 1/2 OD, Brass, Xtreme BLUE, Sunon 120mm, None, 1250 1/2 Adaptor, Res & 10 ft Tygon, AS 3 , 12oz Water Wetter, Stainless Steel, 10 Clamps & Y Fittings
Comments:
Click Add/Change to add these comments.
478Kit

$276.50
$276.50
No

is there anything else i need? or is there anything i can drop? i'm not getting a block for the GF4 because i'll be replacing that within a few months with a newer card that it.

Tamasha_Strife
08-22-02, 10:27 PM
Dont get the res from DD. People have been having problems with it.
Also don't buy that rad! Buy a car heatercore instead but you'll need to do some soldering. If you don't feel up to it, get the radiator called: "The Heatercore" from DangerDen, it's the best rad they sell.