• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory voltage th7ll, vcore voltage in bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

anyway to increase the rambus voltage on a th7ll? also my bios reports 1.37v when i set the cpu voltage to 1.5v. Is this correct?Or is the bios reading incorrect? thnx flapperhead....

There is a voltmod you could do to increase voltage to your RDRAM. There is no way to do it in BIOS however. It involves soldering ;)

The TH7II is known for undervolting. There was a thread some time ago about that it might be related to the kind of capacitors that are used on the board. Just put the Vcore a notch higher, and check in BIOS PC health what the real situation is.

vcore mem bios vcore

thnx for the info, my 1.6a is crappin out at 2600 @1.7v but the bios is reading 1.55v. that will allow me to bump the vcore up some more and not worry about killing it. by the way i modded this board with the 533 drcgs and pc1066. it max's out @ 580(145x4). is this reasonable? or should i do a vmem mod? The board as it is is very stable and after reading all the probs other people have had using pc1066, im hesitant to mess with a good thing.. What do u think? thnx flapperhead

My TH7-II with TI533 drcg chips can run at 160x4, if i bump the rdram voltage to 2.6v. Thats with Samsung PC800, so it can be worth doing.

Anonicle said:
My TH7-II with TI533 drcg chips can run at 160x4, if i bump the rdram voltage to 2.6v. Thats with Samsung PC800, so it can be worth doing.

Did you try overclocking with just the RDRAM voltage mod?
If you did, what was the results Before/After the drcg replacement?

Thanks

Using just the rdram vmod i wasnt able to achieve anything extra, even bumping it up to 2.8v.

Back