• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i go Abit it7 max2 or bd7-II?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thirteen13rulez

im working on getting a new system, and i want to get a good mobo. im trying to decide between The Abit IT7-Max2 and the BD7-II. Any imput would be great.

ps. i think im gonna go with a 1.8a northy

Personally, I don't think having ancient parallel and serial ports on the back of my computer is anything to be ashamed of. The IT-7 MAX is interesting because it doesn't have those legacy ports... but its hardly the breakthrough I was laying awake at night for.

Some of the IT7 users have had problems that required RMA'ing their boards. And the IT7 costs a chunk more than the BD7II.

That makes it a no brainer for me. I'd pick the BD7 but, and I can't make this clear enough, this isn't a decision you should lose a lot of sleep over. Both use the 845E chipset, both have a ton of cool features, both are from a quality manufacturer-so just pick the one you like the best.

BHD

I have been running a BD7ii for about a month now with a 2.26 chip in it. I run Mr Nat's bios and it has been rock solid overclocked, of course that is just one board, I always like to get a bunch of opinions before upgrading anything.

I love my IT7-MAX, boy does it load up windows fast. Tons of great OC features and stable as all get out :) I had the 8IEXP and RMA'd it for this board. Absolutely love it. I'm running my 2.26 at 160 FSB on stock voltage.

Both are great motherboards, but just go with the IT7 MAX. The extra $60 for PS2 ports and serial ATA on the IT7 MAX2 is just not worth it.

Back