• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclockerble board with AGP 8x,sis 648

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whatusaying

need advice on a overcloable board with features such as AGP 8x and pci /agp lock.
Thinking of gettin the new 648 board but which brand is the best for overclocking .and which have pci lock

By the way i am planning on using a ddr333 , and p2.26b looking to run at 2.8ghz
thanks

:D

im also curious about the same thing, the new abit board is rather promising, but im lookin at ddr400 (altho a review i read said this 333 board runs fine with 400, which was odd)

OC on SIS648

The AGP/PCI divider is not avaílable on SIS645(DX) and SIS648. That's a chipset issue.
Alhthough the new Abit SIS648 mobo is said to oc on a fix PCI/AGP on a review, that surely won't be possible!
The only solution if you want a higher FSB: Intel Chipset (845E).

The Abit SR7-8X does include a fixed PCI/AGP bus, and it does work, so the SIS648 chipset does support it. But, the chipset is probably the worst overclocking one available, maxing out at 150ish mhz.

Intel are scheduled to have AGP 8X on the 845PE chipset, due in a months time. You certainly wont be waiting until next year...

I built my first computer a little while ago with the sr7-8x, but i have some problems with it. It seems to want to turn on by itself occasionaly and that can be very annoying when ur asleep and have an 84cfm fan on it. Has anybody ever had this happen to them? What can i do to fix it? Are the wires mixed up or something?

I had a machine that used to do this ... I can't for the life o fme remember what fixed it ... I think I had some wake on kb / wake on LAN stuff that I turned off.

Back