• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7II-R & 2x256MB Xtreme PC3200??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtrem

Registered
Just got my 2x 256MB Xtreme PC3200.

Aiming for 185+ FSB, I start out with 170. No go...

Lower to 160 (2-6-3-3) still can't get into WinXP. Try 133 and still no go...

Now I know something is wrong. I remove one stick and try again at 133. No problem. Could go to 170 without no problems.

Then I try the other stick (alone) no problems then either.

I've tried all slot combinations with two sticks but can't even get into windows at 133. It won't even post over 166 (beeeeeep, beeeeep).

Bad mobo or bad memory? Now I'm running 166 and get 822MB/s in Sisoftsandra with one of the sticks. The other stick get ~2200MB/s, so I'm thinking it might be a faulty stick..

Hej! ..

I have some trouble also, i run 2x256mb pc3000 ddr extreme but bios shows 3.28V on DDR voltage...!!!
I have already sent in one for RMA but got the same problem with next board.

Do you have the same problem as me? .. would be nice to know if it is the memory that makes the voltage 3.3 insteed of 2.5 V

I havent test to run the memory so high yet, but it was stopp right now around 158 fps :( at cas 2 and rest default...

Havent test it with one stick yet.

I think it's the memory that makes the voltage go so high. I'm gonna test my memory in another computer tomorrow and check with other memory in mine.

I've already emailed xtreme support.

Test with one stick and see if you get any better results..

Set the memory timings at 2.5 -7-3-3 or Normal setting, and try again at 2.6V or 2.7V. Some mobo could not handle the speed at CL2 or Ultra setting. I really don't know why? It could be the design flaws or imperfect chipset.

This happens to my ABIT BD7, the max. FSB is 143 at 3:4 dram setting at 2.5 -7-3-3 @ 2.6V. Geeezz..... :confused:

Other people replace their mobo, and the memory is working fine. The motherboard is ASUS P4-S533 and ABIT SIS648 chipset.

xtrem said:
I think it's the memory that makes the voltage go so high. I'm gonna test my memory in another computer tomorrow and check with other memory in mine.

I've already emailed xtreme support.

Test with one stick and see if you get any better results..

I have around the same as you with one stick when i tested. Have you heard something from xtreme support?

did you have the same voltage problem with other Memory when you tested ?

Last edited:
So let me get this right, it works with one DIMM but not to two? What good is it to have three slots if only one works? I was looking at this Mobo but will wait to see what you guys come up with

Back