• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Bios questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Natedog

Registered
What is the best bios to use for overclocking a 1.6a on the IT7 max? MrN? Abit? what version? Are there any bios'for the IT7 out that have the ability to raise the vcore to 1.85 w/o pin mod?

bump

im usin A4...... 163mhz fsb rite now w/ 2 sticks of crucial pc2100 256mb

but i've heard bad things about A4 such as it reduces memory scores in sisoft sandra..... but i personally dunno

i've heard good things about mr. natural's bios... the 9x
but i have yet to try it out
as of now im happy w/ my oc result n i'll try to push it higher once i get better ram

Natedog said:
What is the best bios to use for overclocking a 1.6a on the IT7 max? MrN? Abit? what version? Are there any bios'for the IT7 out that have the ability to raise the vcore to 1.85 w/o pin mod?

Well right now im using the A4 to overclock my 1.6a at 2.632Ghz. After I get my watersystem filled again im going to try out the 9x Bios again. I also have the volt mod on it too increasing default to 1.7 and the max i can get is 1.85 in bios which is 1.8 in windows. Also with the volt mod it acutally makes the voltage more stable from what i've seen so far. Right now my board its at 162 FSB for CPU and 216 for RAM.

Ridgod said:
Hmm..MrN bios for the IT7 is the 8Z, no? as i know 9X is for BD7-II...

Well if it was for the BD7-II I must be lucky because it was running on my comp. Didn't help at all with OC so i put the A4 back.

Yes i do have to say be careful with the A4 when installing. Didn't have the ablitity to use mouse and keyboard. Until i fixed it which happened to be rolling the drivers back. But now windows reconizes the USB 2.0 hubs so its all good now.

The 9x has some extra pci/agp divider options, and i think some more vmem options. i like the dividers.. :)

Back