• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advantages?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buzzard

Could someone please fill me in on some of the advantages of the P4B533-E over the P4B266C. I'm still a little lost over the specs in the advantages. I did notice the frontside bus could be boosted to a faster rate, but is it as stable?
My brother noticed that CorseAir has memory chips that have a CL of 2.2. It was mentioned that stibility was greatly improved..most DDR memory have a CL of 2.5

My sole intention is putting the best rig together with out spending a load of cash. of corse, the 512DDR 2.2 CL memory from corseair is $200. quite a spend for stability and performance.

Any thing new on 1 gig DDR? Last I heard was there junk.

The P4B533 is based on a newer chipset and is the direct replacement for the older P4B266. It also has the ability to use the 3:4 memory multiplier at FSB speeds of 133 or higher which is something the P4B255 DOESN'T have and that's the reason I'd never recommend a P4B266 to anyone nor would I have bought one myself if I knew that.

I hope this helps.

Back