• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 and reported memory voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gespunkt

I've got the IT7, 2.26, and xtremeddr pc3000 memory.

Right now nothing is overclocked, and everything is set to default voltages in softmenu (1.5/2.5 for cpu/mem)

But when I check winbond, the reported memory voltage is somewhere around 3.22V!

Anyone else have this problem? It is possible the memory is bad?

Someone reported a similar problem a few months ago...voltage settings for the ram were sticking at 3.22v no matter how he changed them in the BIOS...I think he RMAd the board and had no further problems.

gespunkt said:
I've got the IT7, 2.26, and xtremeddr pc3000 memory.

Right now nothing is overclocked, and everything is set to default voltages in softmenu (1.5/2.5 for cpu/mem)

But when I check winbond, the reported memory voltage is somewhere around 3.22V!

Anyone else have this problem? It is possible the memory is bad?

I have the same problem as you but have a BD7II-Raid, the problem seems to be the xtreme DDR not the motherboard. All ppl have same problem with xtreme DDR and abit i845e motherboards.

That seems to be what I've discovered as well. I've swapped my IT7 and the reported voltage is still the same.

So is 3.22V really being supplied to the memory then? Or should I just ignore the numbers and go on my merry way?

I´ve got the same problem!!! What did you do, did you just ignore it and kept going or RMA the memory???:eh?: :eh?:

I´ve talked to xtreme and they are aware of the problem but i didn´t get any solution to my problem...

I´ve written about this at 2 other forums but no solution given to me so i´m betting all on you guys!!!

:)

"Yes, there have been reports of this. The memory is not seeing that voltage, it is being mis-reported by the motherboard.

Joe McPeek"

Back