• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Mobo that supports DDR333/400 Standard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lamigra420

Registered
I want to build a new system for gaming with a P4 2.53 CPU(since they are so cheap now!!!) I also want to use DDR memory and find the fastest platform with the highest bandwith DDR memory standard. I am planning on overclocking but I want to start out as fast as possible. Asus's P4S8X and other SIS 648 based mobo's seem like they are the fastest out of the box. I have been reading threads about the P4B533-V model that is working wonders for overclockers too. I wasn't looking at the 845G platform because alot of the boards have integrated graphics and since I'm going to buy a Graphics Card I thought it would be a waste of money. The 850E platform doesn't support DDR 2700 standard as far as most of the motherboards say. I haven't been able to find any of the new SIS 648 boards available yet.:mad: I am new to building machines and overclocking so I could really use some experienced assistance at this point thanks again. OH, here is what else I am planning for the rig. Case and power supply suggestions are very welcome as well.

P4 2.53 CPU
Lite-On 40x12x48 CDRW
WD 800JB 7200 80GB Hard Drive
Lite-on 16x DVD
Sound Blaster Gamer w/1394
XP home or Pro OS - suggestions on why for the Pro accepted!

All suggestions welcome!

The 850E platform doesn't support DDR 2700 standard as far as most of the motherboards say.

That would be because the 850E is a RAMBUS chipset :D

If your gonna overclock you can up the memory bus on 845E chipset boards, most of the popular ones allow you to set a 3:4 memory multipler that would allow you to ran your ram at 177 with the stock 133Mhz FSB on the proc you wanna buy. That already puts you past PC2700 speeds. Once you start overclocking the memory will run faster, all you need is a 150Mhz FSB on the proc to get the memory up to 200Mhz aka PC3200 speeds.

Back