• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7II-Raid Boot Delay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wallacebw

When I boot my BD7II-Raid DURING POST when it is searching for boot device I have a 30 second delay every time between floppy and RAID... I.E.

my boot order is ATAPI CDROM, Floppy, RAID and during post I see

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Searching for boot record from ATAPI CDROM... (DVD Drive)
Searching for boot record from ATAPI CDROM... (CD Burner)
Searching for boot record from Floppy...

30 Second delay with blinking cursor

Windows XP logo appears and things move pretty damn quick from that point on...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Whats up with the delay? is this normal?

thanks in advance,
Brian

I don't have that board, but tell me somethin', when you change your boot sequence so it boots directly from your RAID/SCSI, do you still experience that delay? ... (delay should not exceed 10secs on most RAID/SCSI setups)

Yes th delay exists when I have the RAID as the first device as well as if I have the raid as the only boot device...

:(

Brian

hehe, my semi-burned mobo BD7 do the same thing with more than 1.76v vcore :D :p

or when i have removed FDD but in the bios it was enabled, so i have a "stop-time" like yours... is your FDD right?

I have tried all relivant combonations including setting

boot to other devices = NO

Nothing changes the delay...

Are any other BD7II-Raid Owners having this problem? YES or NO is adiquate...

Thanks,
Brian

BTW: I just set the 'Keyboard ON' feature to the 'Password' option with a oassword of 'on' so now to turn on the computer i simply type 'on'...:D
Thats pretty nifty!

Back