• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

epox 4bda temp readings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
go to epox usa web site they have a beta hardware monitoring progrm in the driver section of the 4bda. its pretty accurate. have it on my 4g4a board

Hellraiser said:
how can i read my cpu bios temp reading when inside of windows?
motherboard monitor?
some other tool?

I use Motherboard Monitor. Since I have an Asus mobo, I can also use their "PC Probe" software. Epox may have a similar utility shipped with the mobo or accessible via their website.

You might also try "MBprobe", which doesn't give you as much data as MBM, but is a lot easier and quicker to set up...'cause there's really no setup required. I've had great results using it, and you can find it for download at majorgeeks.com :)

Last edited:
I had trouble with Motherboard Probe on my daughter's EPOX. The CPU temp had to be associated with the "diode" reading on Motherboard Monitor. I couldn't find a similar reading with Motherboard Probe and thus the reading for the CPU was very high (and I think incorrect).

Is there a link to a current version of Motherboard Probe? It looks as though the author has given up on creating new versions of this.

MBM5 is great.

in recent revisions, it's become almost idiot proof to set up.
now in the temp sensors, if you select a sensor that's not present on your board, it automatically goes back to "none"
this way, you know for sure whats there or not.

it monitors voltage, fans, cpu usage, temps...

has a plethora of display options...

and aside from fan settings being a lil' tricky...
overall it works quite a treat, so i'd say...

MBM5, theres just no equal.

spend an hour or two getting familiar with it,
and you'll find it's time quite well spent.

Back