• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CUSL2 with Tualatin 1.1A - Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jola

Registered
Have now done the following on a CUSL2 with a Celeron 1.1A:

Removed AN3, AK4, AJ3

Connected AM34, AL35, AK36, AL37

Installed Beta Bios 1012.10

System posts and can set 1.65 volt.

However, the system is highly unstable and cannot run Windows. This applies at both 100:100:33 and 133:133:33.

I did not connect AK4 and AK26, as some reports suggested that the system would not post with these connected.

I have seen posts with users claiming to have successfully done exactly the same as above.

I have not re-installed Windows as I feel that this will be a waste of time at this stage, as I cannot even run one of the memory test utilities. Although I can boot into Win 98 Boot disk.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could help?

SUCCESS!!!

Did the AK4 to AN11 thing, surprised myself, the soldering was quite tricky. Bare copper wire, but kept in position with nail varnish.

Stable, running at FSB=140 (1.54GHz). My son is busy saving the world right now and he is very impressed when I tell him that his computer will now outperform low-end P4's.

Did not re-install WinME - seems to run stable as is. But still need to do more testing. But the CPU seems cool (to the touch, don't have Asus Probe on it at the moment).

Oh, and something else - after this connection I have voltage down to 1.45v - previously only from 1.65v. System is now running at 1.60 volt.

I have crap memory so can't go over FSB=140. But I don't want to be greedy, this is fine.

Back