• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 845 Ultra-C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alien76

My question is: Is there any way to use 533Mhz Pentium 4 on this motherboard!!! Thanks for replies.

I spoke to a tech at MSI last week regarding a 533fsb cpu on my 845 Ultra- he said that although it does not "officially"support the 533fsb, in theory, it should work, because the 533fsb setting is in the bios. I plan on picking up a 2.4, since the prices have dropped so much, in the last few days. If it dosen`t work, I`ll post again.

What does it mean it has 533 Mhz Fsb in Bios??? Does it mean that motherboard has 133 Mhz setting *4 or something else. Because my motherboard only has option for overclocking so i think if I use 533Mhz FSB Pentium 4,motherboard should recognise overclocked Pentium4.

CaptBill- Why is the 2.26 a better choice than the 2.4? They are almost the same price, so I figured, why not go for the 2.4? alien76- I made a mistake- my mb is a MSI 645 Ultra, not 845- sorry

Back