• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RIMM4200 or pc800 OC'd crazy like!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

OK folks I have an Abit TH72 RAID that I sent back to Abit. I am going to build another Intel machine and need a few opinions. I Will cross the 3 GHZ mark with this new setup so I can rest for awhile. I was considering the new setup with the RIMM 4200 (850E), but I think the Multiplyer may hold me back because of the buss restraints. What are your thoughts on a 2.4, 2.2, 2.26? I was thinking with the 100 FSB I should easily be able to tackle the 3 GHZ mark. A 24X would give me 125 x 4 if it will run stable with the Samsung. Do any of you run your buss at 125 x 4 on this board? I guess thats really the question because I want the buss speed as well as the GHZ and if that wont hold the RIMM may be my best option. I do already own the TH7 and RAM so this is the cheaper route, but I do want to leave this machine alone for awhile (if its possible) so the cost isnt a problem.

I'm in the same situation as you are. i wanted a Rimm board with PC4200 support and the only one out there is the P4T533 but i wasnt sure about the CPU, should i got for the 400FSB or 533???

but i finaly went for the 400FSB , cuz I know that the mainboard can handel 133FSB and i know that the Rimm can pul 133 at default so its all up to the CPU, and with a bit of luck and enough cooling i should be able to do 133x24 witch would be 3192mhz.

we'll know soon enough... i'll be getting the CPU next thing tomorrow.

FMS said:
I'm in the same situation as you are. i wanted a Rimm board with PC4200 support and the only one out there is the P4T533 but i wasnt sure about the CPU, should i got for the 400FSB or 533???

but i finaly went for the 400FSB , cuz I know that the mainboard can handel 133FSB and i know that the Rimm can pul 133 at default so its all up to the CPU, and with a bit of luck and enough cooling i should be able to do 133x24 witch would be 3192mhz.

we'll know soon enough... i'll be getting the CPU next thing tomorrow.
sorry to tell you this, but you will never hit 133x24.:(

Back