• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte memory ratios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sailor420

Does the Gigabyte 8IEXP have a 1:1 memory ratio, or anything else that will allow me to run the mem slower than the FSB? I know this is something of a persformance hit, but I cannot afford to buy new ram right now, and for a large part of the time, the machine is folding (team 32, of course), so it doesnt need the mem bandwidth. I will be running a 1.8A. Thanks!

yes, the 8IEXP has a 1:1, 3:4, and 4:3 mem ratio.

However, I strongly urge you to reconsider buying this board. On paper it does look like the best 845E board out there, but it's not. I fell into the trap about 2 weeks ago and had to RMA mine back to newegg because it was *not* stable. I took a 1.8 that I've had at 2.52 and put it in and i couldn't even post at 2.4.

Do not buy this board. I ended up with the IT7 max and I absolutely love it. Another great board is the p4B533-E, but it's $20 more. Ask around, you'll see a lot of other people having bad experiences with the 8iEXP board.

Back