• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help selecting bios for BE6-II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MACDIVER

Registered
Hi guys,

I can't figgure out which bios I need for my machine.

Abit site lists three BE6-II mobos

BE6-II
BE6-II Version 1.2
BE6-II Version 2.0

My mobo:

These are the numbers off the data tag on the board:

BE6-II Version 1.0
005216215-043X
BE62TJG000706

Running a Celeron 566@850

I built the machine 6 years ago. It has had one bios update to QY and that was probally a year ago or more. However, it isn't listed in the list of any of the bios listings on Abit's webpage so I can't figgure it out like that.

Is there a way to use the numbers above and REALLY identify the bios I need?

Thanks

Hey guys!!

Now I really got problems. I found this Abit site that lists all the versions and their bios updates and the one I selected doesn't work!!!

I ran the bios and it said that it wasn't the correct one for my mobo. I used the bios 70 like it indicates.

WTF!!

Please help me out on this one, doods!!

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/generic/checkbios.htm

Last edited:
So guys, what do you think?

What I did above was to go to the most recent update. Someone else mentioned at work that I may need to install them one at a time until I get to the latest one. There are about 6 or 7 of them listed.

Is that the way to do the updates?

Thanks guys

From Abit FAQ:

Q&A Collections

Do I need to upgrade through all of the BIOS programs for my board?

No, you don't need to upgrade through all of the BIOS files, just upgrade to the latest one and it will include all previous improvments.

Guess that answers that. But problem not solved.........

Dood, that is the one I tried and it didn't work. It gave me the "wrong bios" warning during the bios flash. That's why I can't figgure this deal out.

Thanks for the try though.

on start up at the bottom of the screen there is a series of numbers they go fast so you may need to reboot !! copy them down and post them the last two numbers are your bios version and we can help you from there

You need the '70' BIOS! The BE6-II v1.0 and v1.1 have the hpt366 ATA66 controller and need this BIOS. The BE6-II v1.2 and 2.0 use the hpt370 ATA100 controller and need a totally different BIOS. My BE6-II v1.1 runs fine with the '70' BIOS...

Guys,

Thanks for the help with this. You guys are right, the 70 bios is the one I need.

The root problem I was having turns out to be an IRQ conflict. This is my wife's computer. I am using it till I get mine fixed. I connected my usb optical mouse and it conflicted with the ethernet card in slot four. I moved it to slot two that has it's own IRQ and it solved the problem. Because it was causing a conflict the new bios wouldn't install. I havent' installed the bios yet but I don't think I will now have a problem with it. I'm not going to do the flash until I get my computer running. If there was a problem then I would have no computer to use.

Thanks again for your help guys!!!

:D

Later

Yup, PCI slot 2 is the only one completely free from sharing any resources. I have my SBLive! in PCI slot2 and a NIC in the ISA slot. It's the only way to go without any conflicts on the BE6-II since PCIslo1 shares with slot5, slot3 shares with the hpt366(370) controller and slot4 shares with the USB controller...

Back