• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bd7-II and 3:4 memory ratio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sub-zero

Registered
wel i've been playing around a bit with my stuff
PIV 2.26ghz
bd7-II r
corsair xms3200 c2.5 rev 2.1

well i know my cpu is good for 3 gig just need another hsf to do it with 1.72v
but i'd rather keep a 3:4 memory ratio

i can do stuff in windows with 163mhz and 3:4 and 2-7-3-3 but it will eventually do a bluescreen on me

so i was wondering if i can change the cas latency from 2 to 2.5 but when i do so the thind doesn't go past the hd boot up screen and just sits there?! :confused:

did anyone get cas2.5 AND memory ratio 3:4 to run?

thx 4 help

So you have to reduce your latency at higher speeds. Great. I am not sure why, but I am working on it.

well i can run cas2 up to 218 ddr then it starts getting flaky
which is about 163 mhz fsb

my cpu is good for 3gig so i'd like to take the 3:4 as high as possible :)

can you say 225 ddr :) (or more) :D

At 163 FSB with 3:4 setting, the memory is actually running at : (163fsb x 4) / 3 = 217 x 2 = 434.66DDR. The official rated speed for Corsair PC3200 is 400DDR at 2.0 -6-2-2 (single module) or 2.5 -6 -2-2 (double module). Actually, I am impressed that you could run the memory at 163fsb.

Can you relax all memory timings in BIOS? Manual, 2.5 -7-3-3 and not By SPD. Increase Vmem to 2.70V or even 2.80V.

i know that my mem speed is at 217 that's why i chose this board but i'd like to reduce my cas latency to take this memspeed up with my fsb

but that doesn't work :(
if i set it to manual and 2.5 it stops right after detecting the drives and doesn't go on anymore

The hit your going to take to your memory performance by dropping the CAS from 2 to 2.5 to get an extra few MHZ out of your ram isn't going to be worth it I bet. Try running some benchmarks and see what you get with the 2 different CAS settings once you get this issue straightened out.

Back