• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p4t-c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkwise

okay after extensive search in forums and multiple tries in overclocking I have come to the conclusion that this board is great overclocker of pc 800 ram and the 2.26b or 2.4b processor. If u have the 1066 rambus it really supports the 533 fsb. The down fall of the board that i see is when u over clock the fsb u cant set your rdram at 4x which is what pc 1066 runs at therefore if you do a sysmrk test when its overclocked to 150/30 fsb the memory rating appear to be between 3000 and and 3150 at 2.85. when setting the fbs at 133/33 and using 4x ur memory bandwidth increases to like 3400 - 3600 at 2.53. So if you have in your posession good sticks of pc 800 memory and the 2.2b u will get the most out it if your into overclocking. I have the 2.53b processor and 1066rambus so in my opinion to try an overclock it would actually diminish my rams potential. Another problem i just want to add on is that when ocing the fsb above 144 the sound gets crappy. Its pretty stable at 142. And it runs great at 150/30 minus the sound. Any comments or suggestions about this mobo would be great and for the people who say they have there board running in 4x mode on turbo at 150 fsb rock stable please tell us the step by step process of actually getting it to run in 4x and 150 fsb

I sent you a pm. I have mine set to 150/30 via the BIOS with the RAM @ x4. I have 2 128 sticks of 16 device PC800 Samsung. I can only do this with BIOS revision 1003. None of the newer BIOS's will let me accomplish this.

Your rambus memory is outstandingly fast. My pc1066 house brand samsung can not come close to those readings at all. i cant even go up higher than 133/33 fsb when set on 4x. Im not too sure why, its also made by samsung and should go to that extreme. the highest marks i get are 3465 and 3452 at 133 fsb using sysandra demo...
just some questions i whould like to ask like if u upped the voltage setting and what operating system u are using. there may be conflicts that are left unresolved since i used xp dont know if that would make a difference also would like to see your max memory bandwidth to compare it with mine yours must be higher than ever i still am a little dissappionted with my readings with my sh!#y house brand probally poorly overclocked ram anyway good choice in selecting your rambus thats great---point me to a vender lol. anyway thanks for your time in posting your comp. it is awesome

I'm dual booting Windows XP Pro with service pack 1 and Mandrake 9 Beta. My cpu has 1.6 volts which shows up at 1.68v idle in Windows. I'm cooling my cpu and and gpu with water. I have a 60mm fan on my northbridge. Which BIOS revision are you running? Make sure you flash to 1003 if your not running it. Cause like I said when I flashed to any other BIOS my RAM wouldnt do 150 x4.

Back