• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New bios for Abit TH7II-R.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Annamaria

Registered
Being disappeared by the scene the great MrNatural, me is led at work and am able you [gia] give the good news: unload the underlying bios that implements the microcode of the cpu new Intel P4 bus/533Mhz (till the 2.800Mhz/533) and the Highpoint bios v2.32. Good Sunday. Try and perhaps thank...Joke. :burn:

After you have unloaded my new BIOS, some is would be able deign of says me as you is finds, perhaps having the tried with P4 2533/533Mhz CPU or superior? The ideal is have to disposition a 2800/533Mhz, but not is an easy thing...in the shop where serve me habitually, work my cousin, still they use P4 2000/400Mhz NW and the 2800/533Mhz CPU, me would do you try, but after orderly shrike and automatically acquired...I doesn't dispose of a similar figure... :( ;)

Annamaria said:
After you have unloaded my new BIOS, some is would be able deign of says me as you is finds, perhaps having the tried with P4 2533/533Mhz CPU or superior? The ideal is have to disposition a 2800/533Mhz, but not is an easy thing...in the shop where serve me habitually, work my cousin, still they use P4 2000/400Mhz NW and the 2800/533Mhz CPU, me would do you try, but after orderly shrike and automatically acquired...I doesn't dispose of a similar figure... :( ;)

Up. :( ;)

I downloaded it but have not tried yet; since I don't have a bios savior, I am waiting for other people to confirm it is working.

Did you remove the cpucode and replaced it with the one from the latest IT7 bios? I thought Mr Natural bios already had support for the new P4?

One worry I have, is when I open the BIOS in Award BIOS Editor, I get an alert saying:

CRC check failed!

This BIOS image may be corrupted or damaged.

With all other Abit, Mr N, or my own custom bioses I do not get this warning. Did you use the latest version of CBROM (2.15) to add/remove components?

arman68 said:
I downloaded it but have not tried yet; since I don't have a bios savior, I am waiting for other people to confirm it is working.

Did you remove the cpucode and replaced it with the one from the latest IT7 bios? I thought Mr Natural bios already had support for the new P4?

One worry I have, is when I open the BIOS in Award BIOS Editor, I get an alert saying:

CRC check failed!

With all other Abit, Mr N, or my own custom bioses I do not get this warning. Did you use the latest version of CBROM (2.15) to add/remove components?

You be writing with the pc in signature and the bios that says corrupt... :D The version of CBROM that uses is it CBROM v6.06, non-being it CBROM v2.15 fully compatible with the bios version of the TH7II-R, (CBROM 6.xx is for Award BIOS 6.0 series only) . If checks the version old women of MrNatural, you will realize you that even its 7F not implements it ID and the microcode of the new CPU, that besides am been taken by the BG7 BIOS_AH...Know how to not do add, seen that other my friends, trusting of my work, they have performed the flash without problems and currently use it even with the 2533/533Mhz CPU.
You doesn't know thing add...Upset me for you and you do well to wait confirmations from the other consumers of the forum. :burn:

arman68 said:

CRC check failed!

I want not lead in discussion what say, but trying the program from you mentioned, me am surrender count that opening a bios and renaming the BIOS ID/ Version information, even only a letter, to the following rescue and following reopening of the file, it doesn't come loaded with the message of which speak...Not believe that it is a reliable test and for this of ask to have patience the to seem of anyone uses it with success....
Ciao. :beer: :mad: ;)

Loyalty said:
Has anyone used it successfully yet?

Hi Loyalty, creed of seen the tall number in person that they have unloaded it and the fact that in this forum not believe that is possess only founded pc on TH7II...We wait still the to seem of the other consumers and for the time being my pc and that of my acquaintances that use as me the new bios, they work perfectly. ;)

You be writing with the pc in signature and the bios that says corrupt...

Just realised I should have updated my signature a long time ago... I am not using the 40B anymore, but the 7F ;)

The version of CBROM that uses is it CBROM v6.06, non-being it CBROM v2.15 fully compatible with the bios version of the TH7II-R, (CBROM 6.xx is for Award BIOS 6.0 series only) .

The most recent version of CBROM is 2.15. Version 6.xx was initially introduced to deal with the early releases of Award bios 6.xx. Since then the ability of dealing with v6 bios has been incorporated in the mainstream CBROM which has been further developed. I made the same mistake you did when I first started using CBROM :D

For those of you who do not feel confident using someone else's bios, here's the procedure to create the custom bios proposed by AnnaMaria. Notice that I use the official Abit and HighPoint bioses, because as far as I am concerned, I have no idea what Mr Natural changed in the 7f bios apart from the CPU micro code (which is what we are changing here).

Download latest TH7II-RAID bios from Abit. Current is 7c available at http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/bios/th7-ii/th7h7c.exe

Download latest IT7-Max2/IT7/IT7E which includes the new CPU micro code. Current is A4 available at http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/bios/it7/it7a4.exe

Download latest HPT 370 bios and drivers. Current is 2.32 available at
http://www.highpoint-tech.com/driver_v232_370_372.zip

Use latest version of CBROM to change the bios files (current is 2.15 and not 6.06 as you might think).

*** Extract the CPU micro code from the IT7 bios ***

cbrom215 it7_a4.bin /cpucode extract

*** Replace the CPU micro code in the TH7II bios ***

cbrom215 th7h_7c.bin /cpucode release
cbrom215 th7h_7c.bin /cpucode cpucode.bin

*** Replace the HPT 370 bios ***

cbrom215 th7h_7c.bin /pci release
cbrom215 th7h_7c.bin /pci bios372.232

A few things to remember before flashing the bios:

Update the HPT 370 drivers in the operating system.

Remember when flashing to always have your cpu and system running at default speeds. Also use the following line with awdflash to insure a proper and clean flash.

Boot into a safe DOS prompt on a floppy disk that has only Command.com, AWDFlash (or AWD800) and the bios file. Then use the following line to flash the bios.

awdflash xxxxxx.bin (xxxxxx.bin is name of bios file) /py/sy oldbios.bin /Wb/cd/cp/cc/LD

This will handle flashing the total bios and not just a portion of it and at the same time clear the cmos. It will not reboot the system because this will then allow you to drop back out to DOS prompt if you encounter a flash error. Then you can flash the oldbios.bin file that is saved taking you back to the original bios you were running.

I got a feeling AnnaMaria is Italian and using automatic translators to read/post to this forum ;) Hence the cryptic yoda messages :D

arman68 said:
I got a feeling AnnaMaria is Italian and using automatic translators to read/post to this forum ;) Hence the cryptic yoda messages :D

Thanks of the your suggestion, will serve me...but I have to contradict saying you that the bios version posted works... :D
My English scarce is, I know, the important is do understanded, but at least doesn't go raving various histories without has tried first...
:burn:

Annamaria said:

My English scarce is, I know, the important is do understanded, but at least doesn't go raving various histories without has tried first...
:burn:

Say....what?

arman68 said:

Thanks of your patience and share. I turned ask you because has to use the IT7_A4 bios and not the BG7_AH to get the CPUCODE.BIN, in accordance with me I am equal. With the your suggestion, creed of you has done a good work, at least now the message of which spoke first, error in the CRC doesn't appear, but I want do of pie...I want modify the message that the bios does to the boot: eliminate the TH7II-R ecc... Evalution rom and change it with what uses Abit, Green AGP/PCI ecc... This problem that I have tried with launches program, but the result not is a what...You would be able me recommend a program that allows me to edit such message? With awdbedit, when I go to save the renamed bios, to the following loading of the same, not me recognizes it pie...Thanks of the help. I take root you my complete work. ;)

Me am arranging with a translator and the little of the English language that know...I recognize to be scarce. Regard to all. ;)

x arman68.

You are thing kind from explains me in detail as I am able rename the message that the bios from to the boot? You would be able me even explain, seen that you doesn't want [piu] founds me on the bios of MrNatural, but modify neither yes nor no an Abit the last officer, Th7h_7c, as you can add the divisors for AGP/PCI clock (originally am there the 2/2 2/3 2/4 and Fix, but I want add even the 2/5 2/6 2/7 2/8)? Thanks of all and a the latest asks, as he has done MrNatural to add the Spectrum Modulated spread, in its TH7H_7f, with that programs? Such function in accordance with me useless is kind in the use normal daily, not overclock and for this, if you helped me in the enterprise of the creation of the bios based on the th7h_7c, such function is not implemented. Thanks of all... Good morning. ;)

Last edited:
Very good guide to modding bios, especially regarding adding new microcodes:
http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cach.../~frogge/pepper/bmreport1.html&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Intel Pentium IV processor spec finder:
http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp?ProcFam=483&CorSpd=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&PkgType=ALL

For modifying bios messages, enabling/disabling options, adding multipliers, etc... use modbin. A warning though, modbin has problems saving files under windows; always use it after booting from a dos installation.

arman68 said:
http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cach.../~frogge/pepper/bmreport1.html&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp?ProcFam=483&CorSpd=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&PkgType=ALL

For modifying bios messages, enabling/disabling options, adding multipliers, etc... use modbin. A warning though, modbin has problems saving files under windows; always use it after booting from a dos installation.

Put to me the work and do you know to the just possible...Touched thanks. ;)

arman68 said:

Hi arman68, i have to say you that unfortunately doesn't succeed to do nothing without your help; i have tried to use Modbin6_2.00.00beta, from Dos but it doesn't succeed to change the message to the boot, on the contrary when do it seems go all well, but when I look for to open it from windows with awdbedit sends me the usual error of which spoke over...Useless add that when i look for to perform the flashing, Awdflash 8.20A says me: Checksun error, download ecc...Figured if i succeed to modify the official bios Abit to pay the similar to that of MrNatural adding for divisors AGP/PCI clock (there am originally 2/2 2/3 2/4 Fix and, but the even add want 2/5 2/6 2/7 2/8) skiping the Spread Spectrum Modulated ...You pray you help me with a detailed description and if you are able say me if the version of modbin that uses is that correct or less...Touched thanks. ;)
I add that using various MODBIN of versions is from windows that from Dos and with any bios, pressing Enter to load same and effect the changes, appear me the following message that not allows me to continue: Binary file Checksun error.
Help me praies you.

Last edited:
Back