• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help in deciding my new system??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul.K

Hi all,

I need your input here. I am a complete newbie to the Intel side
so your help would be much appreciated.

At the moment Im thinking of buying the following:

Abit BD7II motherboard
Intel P4 533 2.4Ghz B

What you guys think of these items??

I have 1 stick of 256mb XMS Corsair PC3200 Cas 2 and I will be completely watercooling the system. My aim is for 3Ghz.

I need your input,

Paul..

PS Any Abit motherboard mods?? e.g. VDIMM mods

That's a sweet combination to build a system on.

But you probably won't need to watercool it to get three gig. A lot of guy around here are pulling three g's with a good (Alpha or Cooler Master) heatsink and fan. Watercooled rigs flirt with 3.5, but the voltage you need to run a P4 at to get that speed creates (often fatal) problems of its own.

I'm not aware of any mobo mods for the Abit BD7II, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

BHD

not much to offer but i too am closing in on a new p4 rig having learned all my p4 knowledge this week
ive decided this much

the mb must be 845E chipset(bd72, it7) cause it sopports high fsb

memory: has to be corsair xms 3200 c2 cause nothing else is doing 400 ddr consistantly right now

chip: 2.26, 2.4B, 2.53, 1.8 im almost decided on the 2.4 as well cause the price is good and it already in the mid 2's at stock voltage

like i said im not much help but it was relieving to see someone else aiming in the exact same direction

Back